boogie express

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

funkmeblue

boogie express

Post by funkmeblue »

seems mesa has made a new amp called the express.....2 channel and switchable to single ended 5 watt
benoit

Re: boogie express

Post by benoit »

It's actually switchable between 1 tube single ended at 5 watts and 2 tubes pushpull either 25 or 50 watts. The 5:25 has EL84s and the 5:50 has 6L6s. Both amps have 2 modes (clean and crunch) and two channels in each mode (blues and burn) and the power switching is independent for each channel (though I'm not sure why you'd want that). All tube FX loop and 'verb. No clips though :(
russoloco

Post by russoloco »

Its not like this "patented" duo class bull@#$% hasn't been done before.
benoit

Post by benoit »

'Tis true that the class switching thing is no big deal but I still think it could be a cool amp. Its a boogie, and it's potentially pretty versatile. I still won't have any real opinion til I've heard it.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

None of his "patents" would stand up in court. In fact, the release of the name "Express" after Kens passing is very suspicious. Maybe they don't know that a friend and accountant of the family is a very loyal to Ken's legacy and will defend it. He is a very nice guy also. It would be funny to see Mesa in court for "infringement" :lol:

Allyn
russoloco

Post by russoloco »

Allynmey wrote:It would be funny to see Mesa in court for "infringement" :lol:

Allyn
It should also be on Court TV so the nation can see what a vinegar and water bag ole' Randy Smith really is.
unklmickey

Post by unklmickey »

russoloco wrote: ...It should also be on Court TV so the nation can see what a vinegar and water bag ole' Randy Smith really is.
aw c/mon Russoloco. don't sugar-coat it. tell us how you really feel about him. :lol:
russoloco

Post by russoloco »

My grandma always said "If you don't have anything nice to type, don't type it at all"
KGW

Post by KGW »

I've had a Mk III since the last 80's. I don't play it much though. If I sell it, I won't get enough for it. So I guess I'll keep it until I die. Therefore, I have been heavily tweaking it. I have considered building a point to point version. Maybe I should build a Dumble in the chassis? Dumble/Boogie?
Guitar Adjuster

Post by Guitar Adjuster »

KGW wrote:I've had a Mk III since the last 80's. I don't play it much though. If I sell it, I won't get enough for it. So I guess I'll keep it until I die. Therefore, I have been heavily tweaking it. I have considered building a point to point version. Maybe I should build a Dumble in the chassis? Dumble/Boogie?
Or you could call it a Dum/Ogie
KGW

Post by KGW »

Guitar Adjuster wrote:
KGW wrote:I've had a Mk III since the last 80's. I don't play it much though. If I sell it, I won't get enough for it. So I guess I'll keep it until I die. Therefore, I have been heavily tweaking it. I have considered building a point to point version. Maybe I should build a Dumble in the chassis? Dumble/Boogie?
I like that a lot. Do I have your permission to use it?
Guitar Adjuster

Post by Guitar Adjuster »

KGW wrote:
Guitar Adjuster wrote:
Go for it! 8)

Or you can call it a Dugie
thearmofbarlow

Post by thearmofbarlow »

Allynmey wrote:None of his "patents" would stand up in court. In fact, the release of the name "Express" after Kens passing is very suspicious. Maybe they don't know that a friend and accountant of the family is a very loyal to Ken's legacy and will defend it. He is a very nice guy also. It would be funny to see Mesa in court for "infringement" :lol:

Allyn
You can't trademark a word in that manner. "Trainwreck Express" is trademarkable, the word "Express" would not be as it is common usage.

And there's nothing suspicious about the usage of the word express. Unless you think they managed to come up with a design and market it in the less than one month since Ken's passing in order to capitalize on it.

Disliking Mesa is one thing. Just keep it in the realm of plausible reasons. There are plenty of those.
KGW

Post by KGW »

Guitar Adjuster wrote:
KGW wrote:
Guitar Adjuster wrote: Or you could call it a Dum/Ogie
Go for it! 8)

Or you can call it a Dugie
Or Dumbgie

If I go the Dumble route, I'll post on that forum. I can definitely improve on what I have now. I can use the iron and I have a nice Eminence Delta Pro 12LF speaker. So it should not be a very expensive project (I always say that when I start).

Thanks for the inspiration
unklmickey

Post by unklmickey »

thearmofbarlow wrote: ...You can't trademark a word in that manner. ...
sure ya can. ya just hafta have LOTSA money and LOTSA lawyers.

Mc isn't even a complete word.

just try to name a new product McAnything. the dogs begin to snarl.

russoloco wrote:My grandma always said "If you don't have anything nice to type, don't type it at all"
hey Russoloco, i think Grandma might be on to something there.

if i had taken her advice, i probably wouldn't have carpal tunnel syndrome. :roll: