Do you use effects with your Trainwreck (clone)?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Roe

Re: Do you use effects with your Trainwreck (clone)?

Post by Roe »

even if the express and liverpool doesn't work all that great with effect (unless the volume is turned way down), the Rocket and k60 work well with effects
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
funkmeblue

Post by funkmeblue »

I found running an express with the volume down.....pointing at the brite switch......that pedals work great. I built a super hard on clean boost and goose it with that to get very close to the same effect of having the volume up in that sweet range. Cleans up really nice with my guitar volume and gives me a virtual channel switching amp
anything worth doing, is worth doing right
2tone

Post by 2tone »

The Rocket is a great fuzz amp....
zambo

Post by zambo »

working on this. really like the results so far and its really easy. Liverpool type with two 6v6 power tubes cathode biased. bout 18 watts or so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCUwtDI2 ... ature=plcp
rooster

Post by rooster »

Update here regarding verb pedals if you're interested. I picked up a TC 'Hall of Fame' verb pedal and it has this unique feature: The straight guitar sound seems to be true' analog' in parallel with the digital reverb signal. Which is to say that the amount of reverb knob is blending your processed/digitized reverb signal with the 'straight through' guitar signal. And this is a different thing than many other reverb pedals, as far as I know.

To explain further, I only recently learned that the Digitech RV-7 was processing the straight in guitar signal along with the reverb signal and finally delivering the straight guitar signal in a digital way along with the digital reverb. Which explains a lot..... My poor ears!

True, it ain't tube verb but this HOF is a good sounding reverb pedal and worth a listen if you want verb on your pedalboard. (They also make a delay that has the same type signal path.) There are more features that I won't go into but overall this is way better stuff than what was available 5 years ago.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Another cool thing is how nice the TC HOF reverb works in a wet dry rig. With the internal dip switches you can set it to only pass a wet signal when on, and go totally silent when off. The only other trick is to the match the line level off the speaker out to the pedal and then the pedal output back up to line level. For that I use a Mackie 1202 mixer. Anyway the toneprint pedals have some unique options that work well if you want to experiment with pedals in a parallel wet/dry rig as opposed to using a rack effects unit.
Last edited by geetarpicker on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sliberty

Post by sliberty »

I also really like the HoF Reverb. I've been through the Holy Grail, and the Boss RV5, and this one kills them both.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Cool, I am not alone. :D I also dig that wet/dry kill switching feature on the circuit board. Yeah, this is nice to have, I totally agree even though I have yet to try it. Soon, for sure, but even running straight in it's a great improvement.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
garlin

Post by garlin »

delete