Trainwreck Anna Real or Clone?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

selloutrr

Re: Trainwreck Anna Real or Clone?

Post by selloutrr »

UR12 wrote:If it doesn't have the flimsey hammond chassis, a cutoff broom stick handle (Dowel) between the trannys and also one in side the chassis with a bolt going through it to help support the trannys than it is definately a clone.
Bud chassis not Hammond

This a rare instance I'm not sure I fault the pawnshop. I may feel bad for them. If the owner of the amp was able to pawn it for more than say $800 and then leave the amp. The pawnshop knowing very little about the amp did a quick Internet search and got $$$$ happy thinking they had a TW amp. So of course they will advertise it as such and ask top dollar. Now had the owner sold it to the shop as a legit TW and the pawn shop didn't take the time to verify its authenticity that is a bad business move and I doubt it will happen again.

This becomes the grey area of cloning amps though its ok for personal use but what happens when it's no longer your personal amp?
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
UR12

Post by UR12 »

selloutrr wrote:
UR12 wrote:If it doesn't have the flimsey hammond chassis, a cutoff broom stick handle (Dowel) between the trannys and also one in side the chassis with a bolt going through it to help support the trannys than it is definately a clone.
Bud chassis not Hammond

Yep for some reason I had Hammond on the brain. I need to find some quervo tonight. its been a long week :lol:
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

Come over ill get the shot glasses out. Can you stop and get a lime on your way?
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Reeltarded wrote:Pawn shopping used to be fun. :)
In 88, I got a 72 L.P. Custom w/case...$300 :shock: :shock: :shock:

When I mentioned to the shop owner there were boss pedals(DD-3 Metal zone) in the case he said keep em, thatts the way it came in....thats how it goes out :shock: :shock:
Those days are loooooonnnngggg gone now.
Richie

Post by Richie »

A couple of my best pawn shop deals. A Sound City 120 mint, didn't work, They didn't want to invest in having it repaired. Just needed a power cord!
Loaded with Mullard EL34s etc. 50.00!
My oldest daugther works for a pawn shop. Went in to visit her at lunch time.
Talking to her and a manager, i was also just looking around when BAM!!
right in the middle of a word, behind the counter... i asked how much for that hoot-tin-anny strap?

They had what looked like every strap removed from a pawned guitar hanging on a hook. The manager said that old strap,and reached over and handed it to me. You can have it free! WOW THANKS!.. you don't know how long i have looked for one of these.
He asked" what so special about this old strap." Then i went into telling of the type buckle size, to the font on the ACE logo, to the color of the end pieces. I said, this probably came in on an old cheap banjo.. yep your right he said.
I told the manager, this is one of the rare harder to find Hendrix Ace straps. I had been looking for one like this for years.

Then he asked, well whats it worth? I have seen them sell for over 400.00! But i'd say normal price 250. to 300.00 He was cool, he said i could still have it.
Other(not pawn shop) best deals were my 67 plexi 100w head and cab. Head in mint condition. 500.00 for both!
Help a friend get a 62 SG Jr, almost mint for 150.00!
Gibsonman63

Post by Gibsonman63 »

I believe most of the pawn shop deals are over for me. I made most of my best purchases in the '80s.

1963 Bandmaster with matching 2x12 cabinet and tilt-back legs - $200
1963 Princeton - $80
1965 Vibro Champ - $75
1975 Vibro Champ - $100
About a half dozen Bandmaster and Tremolux heads for $100 - $120
Roland JC-120 - $160
Early '70's SG - $200

Now I am lucky if I can even find anything interesting.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Back in the day when people used classifieds, I saw an ad for "Guitar and amp, $165."

I figured it was worth a call. It was an older gentleman and when I asked him what kind of guitar, he said "hold on," and put down the phone. Came back and said "Gibson." :shock:

I got over as quickly as I could and it was a Gibson SG Junior. The amp was some solid state no-name. Told him I already had an amp, and he sold the guitar and case to me for $85.

That P-90 was da bomb, but the guitar was neck heavy, so I sold it for quite a profit a few years later.

I just looked up what those things go for nowadays. I wish I had held on to it.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

This, http://burstserial.com/gallery/main.php ... 19/&var2=2, came out of a pawn shop, $400.00.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

You have far better luck / better pawnshops in your neck of the woods. Most of my luck has come from Craigslist and musicians trading studio services / bringing in broken equipment they did t want to invest $ in to fix.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

I just got a beat to death Tweed Vibrolux from a guy said he couldn't afford to have it fixed and heard I might like it free (!!). Speaker good, trannies good. Needs tubes, recap and I had it recovered (it was WAY shot). Now I have to offer it back to him at the repair price (DAMN THESE ETHICS, that crap has cost me a fortune over the years). Now I have to hope he still can't afford it.