Express tonestack configuration

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

harryk

Express tonestack configuration

Post by harryk »

I am just building one amp with Express pre amp and I am now a little confused with Express tonestack connections. In the newest version of Express schematics there are bass and mid pots connected only from the other end and viper. Is this how it should be done? In previous versions the other end and viper are connected together. Harry
gearhead

Re: Express tonestack configuration

Post by gearhead »

You sure you don't have that confused with the Liverpool? The mid and bass pot connections for the express and liverpool are different.
harryk

Post by harryk »

I am referring to Ron Worley updated schematics of Express in files section. That version is now confusing me.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

What "other versions" are you referring to? All the one's since UR12 mapped out Francesca, starting here

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1408

have it as on Ron's posting. BTW, that schematic was done by Dr. Hulsey, based on the sources he cited on the schematic, as well as community vetting:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2930

Dr. Hulsey also collated agreed changes to the Express layout, as well as both the Liverpool schematic and layout.
harryk

Post by harryk »

I was referring to schematic version A0 in files page, which shows a different approach to tonestack connections. Now I think that those schematics you sent here are the right ones. Thank you of your kind help. Harry