"Ingrid" is for sale...

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

fzfwyv

"Ingrid" is for sale...

Post by fzfwyv »

Hey guys,

Over on the gear page, Mook is selling Ingrid.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=149903

-Rich
martins3325

Re: "Ingrid" is for sale...

Post by martins3325 »

Yeah if you have an extra $25K or so hanging around..lol. The thing i find funny about the Trainwreck phenomenon --and dont get me wrong they are GREAT sounding amps-- is that of all the worlds classic, to die for, tone recordings, how many of them were actually done with a wreck? VERY few if any really..thats why im amazed that TW are so expensive and the vintage amps that actually made those recording are so relatively cheap in comparison..ie Tweed deluxes, Plexi's, ac30's. That just kinda strikes me as odd that they command such huge bucks..I mean J.Page, J Beck, B Gibbons, B May, J Walsh..list goes on and on..never used TW's for thier classic to die for rock tone recordings.
playloudd308

Post by playloudd308 »

I hate threads where everyone is like "oh i wouldnt pay that for an amp" well its not for you. I wouldnt eather (because im broke) but even if i had the money i would spend it diff. I just keep my mouth shut because i dont want to cause a stir. Im sure they are worth it and sound like the voice of god. Those who have one im sure are really happy and wouldnt sell. Im sorry for mook. But something is only worth as much as somone will pay for it. I have played a few late 50's pauls and they were the best things i have ever played. They are getting so much for just the availibility of them and people are willing to pay it. Its not for everyone. I was just writing w/o reading so there may be some wierd sentences but i just woke up and im too tired to make sure its right.
~Rocky
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

playloudd308 wrote:I just keep my mouth shut because i dont want to cause a stir.
That didn't work... :lol:
playloudd308

Post by playloudd308 »

I can see why people buy them. I was just typing this mornign w/ out thinking alot.
~Rocky
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

playloudd308 wrote:I hate threads where everyone is like "oh i wouldnt pay that for an amp" ..
Im sure you were referring to my post..I think you read into it wrong..i never said I wouldnt --or anyone else shouldnt-- pay that for an amp..fact is if I made $500K a year..it would be mine today. What I was more commenting on was how interesting I find it that an amp that really has not made a significant mark on the recording industry commands such high dollars. I think 50s LPs have left a significant mark on the recording industrys --to die for tone-- history and they are 50+ years old now so I see that as a bit different. Certainly wasnt a slight to Trainwrecks or the prices they command..hell if it were $5K id buy it in a heartbeat...and im sure many would think $5k for an amp is crazy. So your right value is what someone is willing to pay. Just find it interesting that they do command those kinds of figures given its lack of recording significance. Guess there is just a cadre of gear nerds like us--some of whom are wealthy--that realize its just a badass amp whether most people have heard one or not.
playloudd308

Post by playloudd308 »

i wasnt refering to your post i ment the people bashing others about buying the gear they want. Im only 17 and make $7 an hour and i spend my money before i get it, which probably isnt smart because i should start saving for collage and stuff but i would rather have the gear i want than have my whole future planned out. It wouldnt be any fun that way.
~Rocky
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Since your 17 and I made the mistake of not going to college till I was 30.. a piece of advice..screw the gear..go to college..it will make a much bigger impact on you life --and income-- in the long run than any amp or guitar --unless you find a '59 les paul at a garage sale..lol-- Get a good not too expensive guitar and amp. Put in for every grant and scholarship you can and try to go to a good State school--way cheaper-- like University of North Carolina was WAY cheap when I went there...probably still is, relative to private colleges. I had alot of nice gear before going to college..sold it to get by..now I can afford nicer gear than I had before I went. Dont mean to preach just a little advice I wish I had gotten and listened to when I was 17.
playloudd308

Post by playloudd308 »

i have a collage fund from my grandparents that im going to use. I live in nc as well, do you live near charlotte?
~Rocky