Trainwreck Anna Real or Clone?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Chris G

Re: Trainwreck Anna Real or Clone?

Post by Chris G »

I'm no expert but, The name , the fonts look wrong to me, to neat
jeff12

Post by jeff12 »

ChrisM wrote:I wonder how much a pawn shop sells a "real" TW for? :?
I work at a pawn shop and I would sell one for as much as the market would allow. Wish Someone would bring one in to me to sell. :D
I have seen some cool items at our stores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Pawn shopping used to be fun. :)
jeff12

Post by jeff12 »

Reeltarded wrote:Pawn shopping used to be fun. :)
I agree.... :D
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

Based on looking at it if we still have doubt Anna is a clone. Cross referencing the list actual Anna is not an express.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

No bud chassis, wrong font label maker, wrong corner joints on cab, wrong jacks, wood logo (come on!), and the wood burning and even choice of wood itself is unlike any real wreck I've seen... CLONE!
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

To me, the most obvious sign it's a clone is the use of those crappy plastic jacks for the speaker outputs. I've only seen KF use Switchcraft in his builds, so this is immediately a red flag. Of course the cab is wrong too!
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
ampmike

clone

Post by ampmike »

Well that did not take long :D
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Doesn't mean it couldn't sound nice. Just not worth stupid money.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Firestorm wrote:Doesn't mean it couldn't sound nice. Just not worth stupid money.
I was also going to add this. If it sounds good and the price is reasonable, go for it. Just don't plop down $25k for it.

Not knowing the original builder would also discount the value a bit. You could probably get several builders on here to build you one and they would stand by their work. Find someone on here that is close to you and they could also probably tweak it to your liking.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

jeff12 wrote:
Reeltarded wrote:Pawn shopping used to be fun. :)
I agree.... :D
Ever now and then you can still find treasures. Your better off visiting the pawn shops that don't deal in musical instruments. They're less likely to know the value of things. Of course eBay has sort of allowed everyone to determine a ballpark value for things. But the shops with less emphasis on musical gear get less traffic from musicians, so some good gear might languish on the floor long enough for them to lower the price to free up space.

I still haven't come across that left-handed '59 Les Paul for $100, but I keep looking (and buying lottery tickets).
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
hairyandy

Post by hairyandy »

Absolutely a clone. Those wooden, lazer-cut logos were made by TAG member Lonely Raven in Illinois. A real TW would have a black & white plastic, flat logo.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

If we really want to get knit picky the transformer is a heyboer clone model. (Wire color- coming out of the transformer is not correct to pacific 11415).
The 9 pin tube socket is held in by a gold screws.- never used in authorized TW. The 9 pin tube sockets are not correct the lock pin is to low. The tube socket covers are not correct, they should cover the lock pin when on. The cabinet does not have a tube chart. Chassis is the wrong material, build construction, and finish. As noted dymno labels are wrong font and spacing/tape. The fuse holder is not correct (size,style,manufacture) the chassis stamp is to large to defined and missing the date stamp.
The cabinet is not up to the standard of build quality, mostly in finishing work. Corners routing, jointing, etc. (TW has used woods other than cherry).
Logo has never been wood. As noted the faceplate is CNC not pyrograph.
The swiches and pilot light are not correct. Jacks as noted are not spec though several OEM TW do have cliff jacks on the input.

Ok I'm bored its a clone
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
UR12

Post by UR12 »

If it doesn't have the flimsey hammond chassis, a cutoff broom stick handle (Dowel) between the trannys and also one in side the chassis with a bolt going through it to help support the trannys than it is definately a clone.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

The most troubling thing is that someone is trying to pass this off as a real TW. On the other end, I think its fine for someone to make a replica, but it should be clearly labeled as such, and this is especially true if it's got all period correct parts. It shouldn't be necessary for a buyer to do a lot of research to discover if it's the real thing or not.