File Help

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

DennisF

Re: File Help

Post by DennisF »

LeftyStrat wrote:Okay, here's a test:
I have one of those.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

How do you like yours?

Mine seems to lack something, but I haven't got around to messing with it too much. It currently has Sovtek 5881 tubes in it, so I may try something else in there.

Someone also suggested replacing the coupling caps, but I just hate working on PCBs.

These don't carry a lot of value (at least in the NW). I picked this up for $200.
DennisF

Post by DennisF »

LeftyStrat wrote:How do you like yours?

These don't carry a lot of value (at least in the NW). I picked this up for $200.
I paid $300 for mine a long time ago. I did something stupid to it one day by plugging a footswitch in the preout jack. OUCH!!! I think one day it will be a great donor for a *umble type circuit. It's on loan to a friend of mine who is a harp player. I think that mine still has the original Sylvania tubes in it.
The iron in it seems pretty good. Do you have an EV12L in yours? I am more into a Celestion sound currently.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Yeah, mine has the original speaker. I don't think it sounds as good as plugging the head into a 2x12 closed-back cab I have loaded w/ G12H30s.

I've thought about using it as a donor. I may leave the chassis alone so I can return it to its original state in case they ever become popular again.
DutchMarco

Post by DutchMarco »

Back on topic: great, this is the type of amp (ECC82 output) I wanted to make before I ordered parts for a 5F1 clone. :x

8)

Thanks for the schem anyway, guys.

Anyone have any info on the PT required? I only see the 125A OT, but no PT name.

Oh wait, that must be what the "230V sec" is about. So using a Hammond 369JX would do (240-0-240). That means I could still use the 369JX for this amp when I get round to it, and find another target amp for the 5F1 components.