Concorde with Switching and VVR

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

PUCKBOY99

Re: Concorde with Switching and VVR

Post by PUCKBOY99 »

fzfwyv wrote:
Allynmey wrote:The Concorde is played for the most part in Gradual mode. The Fast mode is for lead playing only and adds harmonic content. The VVR brings it down to whisper level but, the amp is not made for that. The VVR was to adjust to room size for a gigging musician. That being said, you could whisper over the amp at lowest power. The footswitch makes an almost useless feature usable. The guy is very happy with his amp and has sold his Komet Concorde.
I've played one of Allyn's amps (pre-VVR) for a 3 month stretch a while back..what killer tones and you'd never know the thing was on if you weren't playing.

The problem (for me) is that this amp is one loud powerful mutha! Too much for my use but that VVR is really something and has me rethinking things.

The amp in gradual mode was like the best plexi with a bigger sack!

_Rich
AND I bought it from Rich with the same findings !!! :roll:

Actually, I only sold it because something I had been after came available. As things happen I missed out on it too !

ANYWAY....Allyn builds some SWEET amps. Looking forward to a lower wattage version !!:D hint Allyn...hint hint :D
________
How to make a vaporizer
Last edited by PUCKBOY99 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Wow! Very nice. I take it the diode rectifier assembly is underneath the low voltage regulator components on that little daughter board? Care to share any info on that PC footswitch board? I'd like to add that to my K60. I take it the ICs are a relay and opto coupler??
Great things happen in a vacuum
zu4lu

Post by zu4lu »

Hi Allyn,
did you install the extra coupling c's for the vvr? (after the volume-pot and the input)?
lg
Michael
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

In the 2nd photo page 1 what is that 1m/.1uf yellow cap to ground for off the same tube pin that the input jack shielded cable is attached to?

Mark