Trainwreck.com change

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mrscratch

Re: Trainwreck.com change

Post by Mrscratch »

sorry guys, that was just the first pictures i got from JM! the amp is shipping to me on tuesday/wednesday. i will report and take more pics when i get her.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

I wonder which chassis they are being built on? If KF had a surplus of bud Chassis, they ordered a custom run from bud, or switched to something new?
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

it looks like the thunderfunk wreck used the same style cabinet seem.

The exotic woods used this style of seem to blend the grain. The plain grain woods used the seem style in the TAG BOM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

selloutrr wrote:I wonder which chassis they are being built on? If KF had a surplus of bud Chassis, they ordered a custom run from bud, or switched to something new?
its the original chassis.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

does this mean the new wrecks will be a limited run once he runs out of chassis? I contacted BUD they will make custom order new AC-425's.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Does it come complete with wooden dowel to keep the transformers from caving in then?

Attached is the original Bud Industries AC425 17 x 8 x 2 chassis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

it would have to come with 2 dowels. one between the iron one between the top and bottom of the chassis.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

selloutrr wrote:The Trainwreck logo and owners manual. Maybe a genuine TW sticker on the inside of the cabinet. Possible some of the old stock pieces like the potentiometers but since the later KF wrecks used Clarostat and PEM's the CTS pots were probably used up. Maybe Pacific transformers with the original TW item numbers, and left over hookup wire. Past that it's not going to be any different then what the typical "clone" wreck is. You decide if that's worth an extra $4K.

If JM uses all original NOS parts it would be worth $5K, I'm about $3,800 deep in parts for an original francesca build, add labor and that would be about right. To be fair though I've spent a lot in bulk parts lots that I only needed one piece and had to pay shipping. If it was only actual TW parts I'm in about $2,000, maybe $2,500 plus cabinet.

I'm starting to think if JM is as slow as KF commented. It's all in the daily labor costs. I do understand the excitement of having a true Wreck, but i'm going to wait and see how the market responds. If they are not absolutely fantastic I have a gut feeling they will tank on the used market, and drive the original Wrecks even higher. I'll wait to pick one up second hand, though I am curious to look under the hood.
all components are stock. some caps are new, the pots are original,but a higher quality brass shaft is used. transformers are originals. chassis is original. cabinet is made by a different guy now. all wire is original.tubes are from kens stock that he had. the manual is original,i think the logo is original but i did not ask,the amp is pretty much 90% nos.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Plenty of mojo in that amp then with the parts, hope is sounds as good as your description. :)
KellyBass

Post by KellyBass »

ampman1961 wrote:
KellyBass wrote:
ampman1961 wrote:they are just guitar amps, not a cure for cancer.
But they did cure my depression... :)
Absolutely! :lol:
BTW Kelly, I owned & restored a 1971 Dunstall Norton 750 Commando.
It was my prized possession until divorce forced it's sale.
Cheers.
My absolute favorite bike of all time!...Norton really got it right with that one.
This message has been printed using 100% recycled electrons.
PCollen

Post by PCollen »

Mrscratch wrote:[IMG:799:534]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/s ... SC0362.jpg[/img]please welcome ... desiree.
she is the #2 express built by JM. she is made of zebra wood. i was offered the original gem light, but i took this green one from the original manufacturer. first one ever.[IMG:546:799]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/s ... C0364A.jpg[/img]
Nice wood..does it come with a bottle of Lemon Oil ? Seriously, I'm more interested in what it looks like INSIDE..
Structo

Post by Structo »

I love how the cab builder kept the grain pattern linear, one long flowing grain.
Beautiful wood! :D

That cab alone would cost a half grand.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
alanp

Post by alanp »

Unbelievable how some wood can just look that good naturally. Before I started learning about guitars, I would have sworn that was some kind of veneer or vinyl.

Pretty nice lookin' thing. The old english font does nothing for me, though, too much forced exposure to "gangsta" stuff at work.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

the old english faunt is burned in with a "LASER" . i kinda like it.
the wood, ive never seen before. it was offered to me as a surprise wood! JM was sure i would like it. i love it. supposed to be very hard and I quite like the grain, and i cannot wait to see it in person. i feel like bringing a cab to the canadian customs, and lighting her up right there and then.
PCollen

Post by PCollen »

Mrscratch wrote:thanks! i will! i like any amp,more or less. I never realized what S#$tstorm all this would have turned out 8 months ago! wow!
i hope my new amp(and my playing) do all of this justice!
wouldnt be funny if i couldnt even play? LOL
Not funny, or unusual at all. There are plenty of valuable, vintage guitars and amps decorating living- and rec-rooms around the world. Just a decade ago, Japanese investors were buying up all the old Strats and Les Pauls at guitar shows around the country....the Dallas Show it looked like the NYSE trading floor, what with all the Japanese 'brokers' on their cell phones. A lot of boutique amps are used for end-tables and other parlor fodder, and also for 'stage bling'.