Which layout did you follow?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Which layout did you follow?

Post by LeftyStrat »

I have all parts, and I just received my board material, so I'm ready to start mounting turrets (xformers should be here tomorrow). So I'm just wondering what layout to use. Looking at the two layouts in the Files section, for the most part w2k4 and Kelly seem pretty close, but there are a few differences. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or are they close enough that it isn't critical?

Also, any 'wreck builders in the Seattle area want to compare notes?
Omar

Re: Which layout did you follow?

Post by Omar »

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a while. My wife and I had our second son a couple of weeks ago and things are just starting to get back to normal.

Lefty - I have started designs on a new Twreck build and have some layout stuff that might be of interest. I can post the files tonight.

My idea is to build as close to a dead on copy of a Trainwreck with a couple of changes. I have used the "Express Chassis Notes" as a guide for my chassis layout although my chassis is a little smaller so I had to make some changes. I also used Wreck2k4's preamp layout which is really good.

The problem I'm having is the placement of the filter caps and the power board. I'm using the grainy pictures from Ginger from the Files section as a guide along with the Kelly layout.

Let me know if you have any layout drawings. I would definately like to see them.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Looking more closely at ampdocs Kelly layout, the only differences to w2k4's layout seem to be due to the fact that ampdocs layout was for a PCB. The differences to w2k4's layout is minor. Since I going to do turrets, I'll follow w2k4's layout.

Hey Omar, congratulations on the new addition to the family. I know how an infant can take up a lot of time (both from amp building and sleep).
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

+1 on the congratulations :)

Another source of high-pitched squeal to tackle. Hopefully not too often ;)
in the wilds of Borneo, and the vineyards of Bordeaux, Eskimo, Arapaho, move their bodies to and fro...