gmail is a whore

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Snapcase

gmail is a whore

Post by Snapcase »

CM meetup is a must Me and my wife are definetly going to both nights, Question though...How do you buy presale tickets? Presale is on Friday, Tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday I want to
fresh food, the better it will take to freezing. 1. You have toxins in your body; Just like in any business or in sports, you won?t know if you?re winning if you
I suspect head gasket. I'll give you a run down on whats happening. When cold she runs a little rough, have to keep reeving it for about a minute so it doesn't die on you, but it seems healthy enoug
Hi All It seems that one loft races are becoming very popular lately.It is good too see that people are willing to step forward put their time effort money towards the betterment of the
Last edited by Snapcase on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: gmail is a whore

Post by HeeBGB »

You have to call Two Rock. I believe they were about $500 for chassis, tranny's and a faceplate.
martins3325

Re: Are Two Rock Ruby Kits still available?

Post by martins3325 »

Snapcase wrote:I saw in some recent topics people talking about buying a brand new Two Rock Ruby Kit. I read they were run out...

Are they still available? Where???!!! :shock:
Yeah I got one like less than 2 weeks ago..so they probably have more. Surprising thing was they dont remove any markings at all..still says Two Rock and Ruby and all on the chassis. Give em a call
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

mojo

Post by mojo »

They may be out - I got my order in a couple of weeks ago and Joe acted like they were about out. Hope it works out for you.
Let that boy boogie woogie.
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

One thing that kinda sucks with this "kit" --really just transformers..head cab, and chassis..no board or even mounting screws --is that with the transformers on the chassis mine wont slide into the cab..the transforer is very close to the side end of the chassis..and it hits the wood brace in the cab that the back panel screws in to. Doh! And there is virtually no play between chassis and head cab to finagle it past the post..i'll have to cut a piece of that post out and load it through the front because id have the same problem in the front even if the post in the back wasnt there. I think maybe they sent me the wrong head cab. Another odd thing is my head cab isnt even drilled for chassis mounting holes
HiGain

Post by HiGain »

The two rock guys, as well as everyone here just drilled new holes for the transformer. I'd do that instead of cutting the head up.

Jake
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Guess im a maveric..lol. I just cut a small piece of the front post out and slid through the front rather than drill the chassis. Still plenty of post to hold that front grill on tight. No offense to 2-Rock but to be honest im not that impressed with the cabinet, and drilling up the chassis seems like a cheesy workaround to have to do on what was a $3000 amp because they couldnt make the right headbox for it. --looks like it would have to be moved over a good 3/4in to clear the post on mine. Besides if I love the amp i'll probably have a nice hardwood box made..one that would set off the black chassis nicely..maybe made of Zircote or Zebrawood or something.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I bet you will find the chassis mounting holes under the tolex. I agree, for an amp that expensive you would think they had better quality control. My guess is someone wasn't paying attention and order something incorrectly and TR couldn't send it back.
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Yep, your right the holes are there under the tolex..cool.
Yeah, I guess I feel when you pay that kinda dough for an amp you wanna feel like the maker went that extra yard. Not to compare the sound of the two amps..but with an amp like a Komet you just feel they went that extra yard in material and workmanship..at least I do anyway. Their 1/4in thick chassis with the threaded triangle welded corner blocks is absolutely the nicest sturdiest i've ever seen on any amp. Its like friggin art...lol. My Constellation head box is really nicely made with the Padauk front and nice metal grill. I dont think you'd ever see one of their amps where they just put a chassis in what ever head cab they had and drilled extra holes in the chassis to make it work. Just wouldnt happen..unless it was one off proto-type..and even then id bet not. This is not at all to say it sounds better than a TR, just it feels like they put more time and money into making them. Hopefully the guys who own 2-Rock dont read this..lol..they seem cool though.
Dai H.

Post by Dai H. »

seen this page? has some stuff on it:

http://www.geocities.jp/e08120/RUBY/ruby.html
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Cool page. Looks like they had the exact same solution to the transformer/headbox I did. Im a bit jealous though looking at that page as it looks like whoever got that "kit" really got a true kit with all the parts supplied by K&M. I wonder is it necessary to remove all the black anodization around all the tube sockets and pots like that? I figured you just needed to do it where the ground lugs were.
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Heres my headbox mod..did he exact same work around the guy on that page did before I ever saw his page.--cept I only cut the front post -- Is there a way to turn his page into English? lol
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

Try Google translator, It gives an almost comprehensible translation.
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Wow that google translator is cool! Thanks!