Reverb Pedal

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

kd

Reverb Pedal

Post by kd »

I need suggestions for a good sounding reverb pedal that works well with these amps. Price range would be around $100 roughly.

Thanks,
Ken
brewdude

Re: Reverb Pedal

Post by brewdude »

I've been wanting to get one of these.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/HermidaAud ... id=2384688
I have not tried it yet.
I have a E.H. holy grail and am not happy with it.
talbany

Post by talbany »

The problem with reverb pedals in these amps is 2 fold.. Noise and clipping .. In these amps you cant use them in the front end and are prone to clip in the loops since they are mic not line level..You can get them to work at living room levels...

They just don't sound near as good as the units designed for line level applications... have better processors.. D/A converters and preamps...

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

I have had good luck with Yamaha Magic Stomp units. They will work without a d-lator as they have a low/high input switch. The converters don't destroy the sound too badly. They will do in a pinch but, I prefer using devices in parallel with a d-lator. They are discontinued but, I buy one every time I see one. They are multi-effect units and modelers with lots of algorithms and good verbs, chorus, and echos. 3 foot switches that can be set to call 3 different patches with one stomp or can scroll through 99. Search eBay or there is also a Yahoo groups dedicated to the MagicStomp. I picked one up for $100 just last week from someone named "Brian" who was selling 2 of them on there.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/magicstomp_ub99/

Good luck
kd

Post by kd »

Thanks for the information guys. I'll take a look at the two recommended pedals.

Ken
Structo

Post by Structo »

I recently bought a HardWire RV-7 reverb pedal.
It works great in the Dumbleator.
Previously I had a Boss RV-5 which also worked fine in the loop.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

In another thread Henry suggested an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail, one of the less expensive pedals on the market - I use one un-buffered in the loop and am very happy. I use it at rehearsal which is not quite gig level volumes, never had any clipping problems or other issues with it. Haven't used it at a gig since I have old Furman in my rack.
Bill
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Slightly off topic (sorry): Belton makes a cheapo digital reverb module (ostensibly for use in an internal reverb loop, but pretty customizable in terms of gain, intensity, etc.) Anybody ever experiment with one?
Structo

Post by Structo »

No but General Guitar Gadgets sell a reverb pedal kit that uses the brick.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
kd

Post by kd »

Slightly off topic (sorry): Belton makes a cheapo digital reverb module (ostensibly for use in an internal reverb loop, but pretty customizable in terms of gain, intensity, etc.) Anybody ever experiment with one?
Seems like I read somewhere that the Belton unit is what is used in the Hermida Reverb pedal.

The GGG kits are good quality. I've use their boards on several projects with good results. The GGG kit is $65 and the Hermida is $99, it comes with a power supply and I don't have to build it. The Hermida pedal is a simple one knob unit, for me, simple is a good thing.

Ken
briane

Post by briane »

In another thread Henry suggested an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail
I had thought in a pinch the EH sounded pretty good, given the low $$. Have not played it too much at gig volumes though...

I have other hand built reverb units, obviously they arent that impressive since the EH sounds better than they do....Nothing brand name though, fender reverb unit might work well.

Just looked up a pic of dogears rack from a while back....eventide eclipse dialed in on the reverb it looks like, seem to recall those run a k or2, though everyone raves about them.
it really is a journey, and you just cant farm out the battle wounds
Steven_nl

Post by Steven_nl »

Fuch/Plushs Verbrator? then you kill 2 birds with one stone
http://www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com/pro ... ator&cat=2
dogears

Post by dogears »

Yep... Nothing touches my Eclipse in a pedal unit. I love it.

However, hands down the best reverb pedal I have heard and used is the Neunaber Wet. It is a two knobber. Admittedly, I never A/Bed Andy's Plush with it. I can say the Wet is AMAZING.

I'll also add that running any of these pedals without the buffered loop is a crap shoot. I believe they will suck tone at best.
briane wrote:
In another thread Henry suggested an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail
I had thought in a pinch the EH sounded pretty good, given the low $$. Have not played it too much at gig volumes though...

I have other hand built reverb units, obviously they arent that impressive since the EH sounds better than they do....Nothing brand name though, fender reverb unit might work well.

Just looked up a pic of dogears rack from a while back....eventide eclipse dialed in on the reverb it looks like, seem to recall those run a k or2, though everyone raves about them.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I use the Boss Reverb pedal for some amps.

AES has a reverb pedal kit using the Belton medium decay module.
scotto

Post by scotto »

Not a pedal but the Rocktron Intellifex works very well with these amps and they are cheap on craigslist. They have multi effects but I just use the reverb by itself at the end of the chain. I also have a Hermida pedal that I use for light carry gigs. It's dirt simple and sounds pretty good. Both units can be had for around $100.