ODS Reverb pics!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

David Root

Re: ODS Reverb pics!

Post by David Root »

Verrry nice! I like the HRM trimpot board location, not on top of the main board.
rogb

Post by rogb »

Very nice build there :) , any chance of some details and/or layout for the switchable HRM please?

I am going to start a Ceriatone 50w HRm soon and I would really like to have this feature :)
Structo

Post by Structo »

Guys this thread is from 2006, details might not be forthcoming. :wink:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
rogb

Post by rogb »

Structo wrote:Guys this thread is from 2006, details might not be forthcoming. :wink:
I blame Mobisimo, the 4 year old thread reviver :oops: :D

Still now it's going...
ElectronAvalanche

Post by ElectronAvalanche »

Hi guys,

thanks for all the nice words on the amp. Some time ago I had to delete some files on my homepage so that was why the pics were gone. I uploaded them again for Mobisimo.

The amp in question has been dramatically changed since then. The amp is now a 4x6L6 HRM with special series loop and some major PAB tweak.

The post PI CF and especially the Reverb were not at all what I wanted in the long run, so I removed them again. I currently use a M13 via the 4CM method with the amp and it sounds fantastic, so no more need for onboard Reverb.

The post PI CF was nice for Clean-sounds, but I can get great clean sounds with the amp as it is now.

I can only encourage you guys to try out the post PI CF (as used by Fender in some amps, that is to say cap-coupled), but onboard spring-reverb is nothing I will need in an amp like a Dumble.

Cheers,

Dominik