Dumbleator Chassis

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ayan

Re: Dumbleator Chassis

Post by ayan »

Funkalicousgroove wrote:there are 3 versions I know of, as well as some sub-versions:

The Dumbleator,
The Dumbleator II mono In, Stereo out 2 tubes and a choke in the power supply
A-Box-Later Tabletop version, not sure if it uses tubes or Jfets.

There are also a few Dumbleators out there with a single channel but 2 controls on the recovery....not sure what the other control does though.
Maybe tone? I would see where one would come in handy, since at least as per my experience, setting the the return control too low can make the sound too smooth/dark. Of course, while turning it up makes things livelier, it makes the voume go up too... :)

Gil
Robert

Post by Robert »

After searching a bit on the web I found the following pics: Dumbleator I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Can only post 3 photos at a time so here is the Dumbleator II followed by a tantalizingly close photo of Robben Fords tele with his open Dumbleator (lower right) setting next to it .... cropped':evil:'. What was the guy thinking!

Now if we can get some gut shots ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

The third control is an input recovery in place of the 220K resistor to ground.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

Bob-I wrote:
Funkalicousgroove wrote:The only problem with the par metal unit is the steel construction: It is going to be a BITCH cutting out the hole for the Transformer
Wait... how big is this xformer? I was thinking that it would be slim to fit into the 1U chassis. You should only need to drill out mounting holes. I was planning to mount the tube on a piece of aluminum angle laying flat so the chassis can be closed up and mounted in a 2 space rack with an effect. As long as there's some cooling room above it shoudl work well.
http://www.toroid.com. I`ve used this works great..the one for tube preamp..