My Dumble hrm needs help . Please.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

talbany

Re: My Dumble hrm needs help . Please.

Post by talbany »

cos.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

gmule12 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm I was start to worrying that i've done something wrong again with wiring. My amp is not bluesmaster is just standard hrm so wiring will be the same as bluesmaster. Would you have any idea what could be wrong with my clean channel having low volume or lower volume comparing to overdrive channel. Thanks mate.
Take it to a tech.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

You still seem to not be doing the most important part here.

Nobody can guess accurately at what's in your amp if we've never seen a good well lit photo of it. We also still have no verified exact schematic of how it's 'supposed' to be built.

If you can't get those, you're likely to get a lot of guesses, many of which have a good chance of being wrong because they're based on suppositions of your amp that end up being wrong.

Please

PLEASE

get us a photo and a schematic for YOUR amp.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
67plexi

Post by 67plexi »

Unless it looks like this it is not a Dumble HRM :twisted:
#215 HRM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

Ok l add some photos. If you can find something unusual please let me know. thanks and happy new year guys.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I'm not as versed on these as many here, things look to be mostly what I'd expect.

I asked earlier (and I think others also hinted at this as well) that you may need to adjust the OD trimmer. Here's a screenshot of your board with the trimmer circled in red:
OD Trimmer.PNG
Have you attempted to dial that up/down?

The trimmer, at one end will have next to 0 output if not 0 from the OD channel, and then dialed to it's other end, will have so much gain you'll have almost constant feedback etc. If you're not getting OD like you want, it's most probably one of two things:

1. this trimmer needs to be adjusted
2. the od switching in the relay is not working correctly.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

Hi Phil my problem with overdrive has been solved and at this moment i have a problem with the clean channel to not be so loud as much as overdrive channel. It's much too quiet comparing two overdrive channel which is very loud as you expected from 100 watt Amp. Other than that amplifier sounds fantastic and i'm very happy. As far as mini pot it doesn't do much of a difference in this circuit as it's not grounded , the old trim on the back of the amplifier does this function more effective. Just speaking from my own observation of different circuits maybe i'm wrong. As far as overdrive i have plenty of it to have fun and thank you very much in it and this old year and happy new year to you .Thanks Tom. If you have any suggestions about clean channel be not loud enough fire up.
talbany

Post by talbany »

I was start to worrying that i've done something wrong again with wiring.
Yep! Could be!
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Lynxtrap

Post by Lynxtrap »

gmule12 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:45 pm Hi Phil my problem with overdrive has been solved and at this moment i have a problem with the clean channel to not be so loud as much as overdrive channel. It's much too quiet comparing two overdrive channel which is very loud as you expected from 100 watt Amp. Other than that amplifier sounds fantastic and i'm very happy. As far as mini pot it doesn't do much of a difference in this circuit as it's not grounded , the old trim on the back of the amplifier does this function more effective. Just speaking from my own observation of different circuits maybe i'm wrong. As far as overdrive i have plenty of it to have fun and thank you very much in it and this old year and happy new year to you .Thanks Tom. If you have any suggestions about clean channel be not loud enough fire up.
So if you turn the Master all the way up and then start turning up the Volume (to the left by the input) while playing the guitar: at what point does it get so loud that you don't want to stand next to the amp?
Or using your free dB measuring phone app, at what point does it show 100dB?
"Hey mister, turn it on, turn it up, turn me loose!"
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

If l turn Master full up and volume to about 8! Ok I will tray explain like this .If l use the Amp by it self, no clator wich is another volume controller then Amp is very loud in OD with PAB and midboost on. Volume at 5, drive at 6 and level at 2, and very little of overdrive coming up from Amp with those settings. And that is loud. Then switching to clean channel and Amp is very quiet, to quiet. So there is only one way for me to be able use this Amp and tempt volume is to plug-in clator and use as Master volume. But that's nots solved my issue with the clean channel. One thing about settings on clator they are all at noon, then level pots on amp l van set about 6. Then i'll have a lot of overdrive and sounds pretty , those sustain pretty nice.Have you any thoughts. Thanks
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

ok I measure db and with Master at full and stop volume at 2.5 and that give me 100db.
Lynxtrap

Post by Lynxtrap »

Trying to understand this step by step.

First, unplug the 'lator. It gets even more confusing with that involved.

Dial in the OD tone and sound level you're happy with using the volume, gain and level knobs.

Now leave all those knobs as they are and switch over to clean.

We now have 1 knob, the Master, to use for matching the clean volume to the OD volume.
How high do you have to set the master until the clean sound is as loud as the OD that you just played?

And...100dB with the volume on 2.5 doesn't seem exactly quiet to me.

Last edited by Lynxtrap on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey mister, turn it on, turn it up, turn me loose!"
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

Thanks for reply i'm try do what you asked me for. I make a photograph to show you my settings and the OD trim is at noon and there is no sign of overdrive and clean channel has the same volume as overdrive channel and there is no sound of overdrive just a big big open clean tom almost because level is at almost 1 which means is it wouldn't be a break up but it's loud i will try and measure how loud is as well.
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

OD db at this this settings is about 120 db. and that is very loud and no drives just a big almost clean sound.
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

🤔