My Dumble hrm needs help . Please.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Lynxtrap

Re: My Dumble hrm needs help . Please.

Post by Lynxtrap »

gmule12 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 pm OD db at this this settings is about 120 db. and that is very loud and no drives just a big almost clean sound.
Yes, that is very loud :lol: You should not get 120dB with the Level knob set that low.

Ok, so when you're in the OD channel:
Does the Master knob affect the volume?
Does the Level knob affect the volume?
Does the Drive knob affect the amount of overdrive?
"Hey mister, turn it on, turn it up, turn me loose!"
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

Hi, When i'm in OD channel there is no effect on Master, Level knob is effecting volume and Drive don't effect amount of overdrive as it should, it's getting crazy loud and little bit dirty, but is too much to play at that volume even with OD trim half way up. Thanks
Lynxtrap

Post by Lynxtrap »

Have you checked the wiring to the pots, especially the drive pot, according to the layout provided by Ceriatone for this model? Maybe also for the OD trimmer in the chassis.

Other than that I'm out of ideas. The OD channel seems to be engaged as it should. And being that loud with the Level set that low, I would assume that signal is not lost somewhere in the circuit.
But I don't have experience with the HRM so I'm just assuming here.

"Hey mister, turn it on, turn it up, turn me loose!"
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

I have been playing and loving my HRM for quite a few years now. I use the FET input all the time. I have not posted here for a few years but just happened to be flipping through the pages here because I lost my cheat-sheet of martin manning FET biasing because I was tweaking my FET. I just skipped through this thread, but seems like more gain is needed, and I found something similar with my HRM.

For higher gain, I always use the FET on my HRM.

Example with FET input:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44nu0Fh ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Example with NORMAL in put:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fA1YYq ... gs=pl%2Cwn
"You feel like you're floating on a football field filled with marshmallows." -Dumble
AndrewCgolden

Post by AndrewCgolden »

Have you tried swapping out tubes? Maybe you have a crappy tube in there? You really should just take it to a tech, seems like the wiser thing to do here for you, if you do happen to fix it, please, do share the verdict with us!!