Finally finished!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Normster

Finally finished!

Post by Normster »

My friend Loren finished the rear baffle yesterday. It actually DOES effect the tone...in a good way. The amp has a little more bottom end now but doesn't seem to sacrifice any highs for it. Thanks Funkalicious for the baffle dimensions. After cutting the board, I found out my cab is just a little taller than a Dumble, but it's still pretty darned close.

While I'm at it, I may as well post a clip, eh? :)
http://bad-domain/MP3/chameleon.mp3
tonelab2

Re: Finally finished!

Post by tonelab2 »

Real nice Normster, better looking than the real thing.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Looks great, sounds great, but honestly on the recording I don't hear the difference. I'm sure there is a difference, baffles make huge differences in tone, but it's not apparent in the recording.
Normster

Post by Normster »

Thanks guys!

Bob, the real difference is in the room. For close mic'ing, it probably doesn't have much impact. Loren and I once played around with a Mesa 1 x 12" cab adding and removing panels. It's amazing how much you can shape the tone just by changing the rear baffle area. Theoretically, you could tack panels to the back of the amp until you find the right amount of area to cover for the tone you like. Then just do the Dumble cutout based on total open or closed area.