Mountain of NOS components

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Vertigo

Mountain of NOS components

Post by Vertigo »

I just came into a mountain of NOS components (mostly resistors) and don't know exactly what I have yet, but so far I see Airco Speer, Allen Bradley, Dale, Stackpole, IRC, Mepco, Westcom resistors. There are also a bunch of zeners, inductors, some sprague black beauties, a portion of a CPK-150 capacitor kit, and so much more that I haven't seen yet. I'd estimate it's 10-12 cubic feet of stuff. I expect it will take me quite a while to catalogue it all and get it organized since there's so much and a lot of it is falling out of the reels, but if there's anything here that you'd all find useful, please let me know. Eventually it'll all find its way on to eBay, but I'd like to return the generosity that has been shared with me in some way before I go down that road. Will update with photos soon.
Sean Chaney
Charlie Wilson

Re: Mountain of NOS components

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Love to see what you got. :D
CW
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

This is the first box
ImageC7737BB2-3EFF-42CA-B611-8BF74B1ACCB5_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

Image61C3FD1E-D536-4AB6-B9B4-52C13EBCEFC4_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

Image7E476A50-A036-4D14-A2C6-1718D12C049C_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

ImageB089F4E1-3F38-44F4-9082-DE27AD11A3A2_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

Image60BC50F5-C187-4233-838E-0E9A48EED4B8_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

I haven't opened all the bags shown above, but the ones I have opened look like Allen Bradleys. The majority of them have between 600 and 1200 pieces
Sean Chaney
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Second box
Image7C996305-9DC9-4B08-8F85-E7D65923AB4F_1_105_c by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

I don't have any way to organize these yet and can't open up all of these boxes at the moment. When my kids' school year is over, I'll carve out some time to make a spreadsheet and will catalogue everything.
Sean Chaney
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Sean, I sent you a private message.
CW
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Wow!
Will send a PM with some values I’m keen for.

Aaron
talbany

Post by talbany »

Same here Sean PM'd

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Wow! PM sent
Ian
jfs322

Post by jfs322 »

PM'ed! Happy to buy out your entire Sprague Black Beauty and Q Line lot if available.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

if you'd post to the Uk I'd be interested in doing an AB with replacing my 102 resistors/Caps with the NOS if you have them.

M
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

I thought I'd post this really quick.

A lot of folks are interested in the Q-lines...unfortunately it looks like the only ones in this whole lot are the few that are in that package and I'm going to hang on to those.
The selection of caps is very small and the majority of them are in very small values so I doubt they'd be very useful to many people. It appears to be a kit that was sent out by Sprague in this catalogue with a few of every value. This is all coming out of the Linfield university physics lab and my professor friend told me that there were a couple of guys who back in the 80's and 90's used to go to all the military surplus auctions and all the tech companies in the silicon forest looking for surplus. There are packing lists here from HP, Tektronix and Intel.

Feel free to PM with what you're looking for. I'll respond to everyone. If you want Allen Bradley resistors, you're probably in luck. But if you're looking for much else, unfortunately I don't think I got THAT lucky.

I'm heading into Linfield early next week to see what else might be useful but for folks who are local, they're going to have a "free sale" in July. I can find out exactly when that is if you'd like to know and I can post the date here so you can plan on getting there early. They're clearing out a lot of great stuff including a welder, a couple of band saws, a massive drill press and more. If you're one of the few people with the knowledge to make tubes, I understand that they're also looking to find a home to a glass blowing lathe. The higher ups at the college were just planning to scrap most of this, but luckily my friend realizes that some of what they're looking to dump is going to be useful to someone somewhere and we'd all rather it not end up in a landfill. I'll try to get photos while I'm there because there very well may be items of interest in different hobbies as well...I know there's a photo development system or several that needs a home as well, including big magnifiers for enlarging photos.

edit: she tells me that there are several function generators in various states of disrepair so if anyone wants one, let me know and I'll work with you.
Sean Chaney
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

What a nice haul!
talbany

Post by talbany »

A lot of folks are interested in the Q-lines
Want to clog up your inbox real quick? 3 words?
Q-Lines for sale :lol:

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

I've gone through five of the boxes and have done a basic inventory. My intention was the photograph every component and link the photo to the spreadsheet but some sync troubles between my phone and computer got in the way. The tolerance on the resistors is either 5% or 10%, and in some cases I have quantities of both. I've linked a google spreadsheet below. If you want anything, sent me a PM, let me know what you want, the quantity and make an offer. I tried to be as accurate as I could but I will say that I opened box #3 first and I think I marked some of the resistors as Allen Bradley when they're actually unidentifiable to me. I need to go back and remove the brand name from some of those lines. The AB, Kamaya, Startronicx, Stackpole and Airco/Speer all look pretty much the same and since so many of them are dumped in paper bags, I should have been more diligent

I'll get through that 6th box as I have time, but it's the one with the greatest variety of components, so it'll take some time. I also went to the lab earlier this week and picked up an organizer bin of Ohmite "little devils" which appear to be 1/4 watt CC resistors. There are 80 different values with QTY's ranging from 10-50. They're not on the sheet but if you're interested in any of them, please let me know.

Lastly, there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of Phillips and Motorola Ultrafast Rectifiers (4A, 150V BYV28-150) I don't know the application for these, but if anyone knows who might be able to use them, please let me know. I hate to junk this stuff but I also can't hang on to it forever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Sean Chaney