Effects in the loop of #124

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

erwin_ve

Re: Effects in the loop of #124

Post by erwin_ve »

Hi Rob,

I have tried the old Rocktron Replifex with the loop on the overtone. That worked fine with the +4dB button switched "on" on the replifex.
You need something to get that signal back up again. Most Rack units dont have it.
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

ic-racer wrote:I looked at the pictures again and I see now what is going on and changed my own schematic accordingly. Good thing I read this thread ;)

In terms of Rob's amp, I wonder how it is wired. The Overtone layout must have an error because it shows the 220K and 270pf cap shorted out with a jumper.
Interesting. I wonder how mine is wired too! Can anyone edit this closeup of the Overtone and show how it should be different based on the updated #124 schematic? I've also shot Nik an email to get his take on this.

Cheers,
Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

erwin_ve wrote:Hi Rob,

I have tried the old Rocktron Replifex with the loop on the overtone. That worked fine with the +4dB button switched "on" on the replifex.
You need something to get that signal back up again. Most Rack units dont have it.
Cheers, for the info, I have a mate with an Intellifex, that might just have the same setup, I'll try to borrow it and give it a try.

Cheers,
Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
ayan

Post by ayan »

Rob Livesey wrote:
ic-racer wrote:I looked at the pictures again and I see now what is going on and changed my own schematic accordingly. Good thing I read this thread ;)

In terms of Rob's amp, I wonder how it is wired. The Overtone layout must have an error because it shows the 220K and 270pf cap shorted out with a jumper.
Interesting. I wonder how mine is wired too! Can anyone edit this closeup of the Overtone and show how it should be different based on the updated #124 schematic? I've also shot Nik an email to get his take on this.

Cheers,
Rob.
Nik's got it right in his layout. For what it's worth, the only thing I can see in Nik's amp that might not help tone is the use of shielded cable for the master volume.

Cheers,

Gil
odourboy

Post by odourboy »

Rob Livesey wrote:

Cheers,
Rob.
Nik is a clever bloke. I'd say he got it right! In his layout, what it looks like he's done is jumper across the network to defeat it so when you're using the loop, it's a direct link. However, if you cut that parallel jumper, you'll have it wired just like 124, with the signal going though the network when using the loop.

I tried to confirm this in from your pictures Rob - and it appears to be the case (I can see the network, but if there's a jumper, it's out of the shot), but you didn't post a clear shot of the back of the chassis, so I'm not 100%
"Let's face it, the non HRMs are easier to play, there, I've said it." - Gil Ayan... AND HE"S IN GOOD COMPANY!

Black chassis' availble: http://cepedals.com/Dumble-Style-Chassis.html
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

Here's what Nik had to say

"124 was weird. For the network to be in, ie working, the short is to be eliminated. But this network kills tone. I think thats why i had the short."

Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------