Dumble Projects On eBay

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stratcat62

Dumble Projects On eBay

Post by stratcat62 »

There are two ODS project amps on sale for extremely cheap for what they claim to be. Do either of those look legit?
bluesfendermanblues

Re: Dumble Projects On eBay

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

Can't find 'em - any links??
stratcat62

Post by stratcat62 »

ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

They are probably built on a 70s circuit with single OD relay. I suspect the schematic he followed had too many incorrect guesses of original values.
Stanz

Post by Stanz »

here is the 2nd link again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tube-amp-project-50 ... dZViewItem

Sounds like someone who possibly realized this wasn't their thing and is moving on.
Please take note that these projects are INCOMPLETE. They power up, and they play and sound OK, but
they dont sound quite like the amp that they are modeled after, and may need additional adjustments or part substitutions.
They need final tweaking and adjustments!!
So has HAD been priced out of selling his own amps? If I buy a new ODS from HAD for $20,000, I can turn around and sell it for a lot more than that. That raises the question of, does he now sell them for the going rate that used amps are going for and who is going to buy one at that price? I am sure there will always be a market for them, but it is a trend that moves towards fewer people who can buy them. As we have seen, Larry Carlton has moved to using a clone to gig with because the economics dictate that it is crazy to ship a $50,000 amp from town to town as you perform in locations through out the world.

Hopefully this all plays out well for HAD, as he has clearly made a huge contribution to amp making and design.
Hotrod Ford

Post by Hotrod Ford »

can only open one of them , but that one is based on the chassie kit from Vasin (spelling?)

Edit,
opened the other link now , that is the same Vasin Tailand based chassie