The Much Anticipated (?) Bluesmaster Build Thread

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Raoul Duke

Re: The Much Anticipated (?) Bluesmaster Build Thread

Post by Raoul Duke »

Ok folks, I think this post will close-out this build thread. Here’s some final observations:

- After playing with the HRM quite a bit - I seem to have settled on these settings (for now):
—bass: 185k, mid: 8.7k, treble: 115k

- The EVM-12S is back in the cab. The “grunt” of the G12K-85 wasn’t enough to sway me over. The 12S was markedly more full- range on the cleans; and that’s what swung me back to the EV.

- Really loving the FET with PAB/OD engaged. Very “Super Lead” while the normal channel seems more “Super Bass” to me. FET with PAB/OD is super harmonic and touch sensitive. Fun to play around with.

And of course - the “after” pic (with my ‘57 Special Burst Conversion):
IMG_0382.jpeg
Really appreciate all the inputs and information shared to help me get this accomplished! Every comment is sincerely appreciated and I could not have done this without them all. As always: thanks to Martin for the excellent plans and advice, thanks to Ian for his well documented build threads with super helpful pictures and encouragement, and of course thanks to Tony and mdroberts123 for the guiding layout thread! Wisdom like you guys (and quite a few other experts here) freely share is the heart and soul of this community.

Best regards,
Marc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Looks great! Your questions and feedback have led to quite a few updates to the documentation, so there is some great synergy going on here.
Raoul Duke

Post by Raoul Duke »

Thanks Martin!
I’m glad I’m not driving you guys nuts with my questions and happy to “help” in my own special way, lol.
Marc