Mike Landau new dumble???

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FUCHSAUDIO

Re: Mike Landau new dumble???

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

LOL, ahh, the obvious !

Can't wait till someone gets to talk to him about his Dumble.

And yet, Dean Parks waits 8 years to get his broken ODS back from Howard. What a tool. :cry:
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

I thought I read somewhere he changed the speakers out in those fenders to eminence tonespoters???

8 years for a repair :shock: :shock:
even if he made all the parts by hand it wouldn't take that long!!!!
Chris
fishy

Post by fishy »

ToneMerc wrote:If you are a fan of the electric guitar, it should be a requirement to have Tales From the Bulge
+1

Unbelievable album..... I have to be careful not to play that with anyone at the house otherwise it goes missing :x
Chris G

Here it is!!!!!

Post by Chris G »

Here a shot of Mike's new Dumble.
Went with the 70's look!!!!!! :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

wasn't it silver knobs in the '70s?
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

butwhatif wrote:wasn't it silver knobs in the '70s?

I was speaking about the face plate. Now that I think about it, not early looking at all. Santana's new amp has the silver as well.....cool look though.
Chris
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Maybe Howard started it in the 70's and just delivered it now.... :lol: [/b]
glasman

Post by glasman »

Given the Marshall stereo power amp in the rack above the dumble and the other toys in the rack, the Dumble is only a part of the sound....
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
Richie

Post by Richie »

Chris G wrote:I thought I read somewhere he changed the speakers out in those fenders to eminence tonespoters???

8 years for a repair :shock: :shock:
even if he made all the parts by hand it wouldn't take that long!!!!
Chris
The planets have to be in phase,so the elves can make the magical mushroom mojo fairy dust to be sprinkled in the amp.I think he mixes it with the goop.. :lol:

If ML can make a deville sound good onstage, he has more than guitar talent,must be a sonic ventriloqusit,or met a guy at the crossroads. :lol:
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Given the Marshall stereo power amp in the rack above the dumble and the other toys in the rack, the Dumble is only a part of the sound....
I am guessing that he is using the Palmer ADIG-LB to feed stereo effects to the Marshall amp for a wet/dry/wet setup with the Dumble serving the dry. This is the very similar to what Carlton does, but with a slightly different implementation. One big benefit is that a mic is not needed.

I have a Palmer ADIG-LB. It works really well with some amps and not so well with others. It gets fizzy with some - my Fuchs for instance. Works well with my Marshalls, Fenders, and Boogies. Go figure.
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

It was probably ordered by two dozen clients over the past 30 years, and finally saw the light of day--Mike's lucky day.
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:Maybe Howard started it in the 70's and just delivered it now.... :lol: [/b]
Excuse me???? how about a little respect, Andy, after all your business is based on Howard Dumble's designs.

I have the greatest respect for you and Bill Kinnard of TwoRock as business entrepreneurs, you have both managed to do what HAD couldn't/wouldn't do - produce amps with the dumble design in larger numbers.

However, please try to remember where you got your 'inspiration'

8)
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)
59Pro

Post by 59Pro »

bluesfendermanblues wrote:
FUCHSAUDIO wrote:Maybe Howard started it in the 70's and just delivered it now.... :lol: [/b]
Excuse me???? how about a little respect, Andy, after all your business is based on Howard Dumble's designs.

I have the greatest respect for you and Bill Kinnard of TwoRock as business entrepreneurs, you have both managed to do what HAD couldn't/wouldn't do - produce amps with the dumble design in larger numbers.

However, please try to remember where you got your 'inspiration'

8)
Good one, bluesfendermanblues.

It really makes me wonder too. All the Dumble cloners have a business because of Dumble, but there are quiet a few who like to take a cheap shot at him whenever they have a chance. Tell's me a lot about their character.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Look fellas, let's not be overly sensitive about this or start a pissing match.

It's grown obvious his treatment of customers and his delivery times are downright shocking. If he's lost any respect from anyone, it's through his own actions. Respect is earned, and also can be just as easily lost.

It was posted as a joke. I never lost sight of where my inspiration came. I was inspired to provide the level of customer service that I do from him.
dogears

Post by dogears »

I spoke with Michael at the Baked Potato during NAMM week.

He waited at least 6 years for the amp. According to Mike, it is a 6L6 with HRM. He did not know whether it is a Bluesmaster. He mentioned it being a hybrid of stuff from the Ultraphonix and others. He went to Alexanders a bunch of times to tune and tweak it.

Hope this helps.