John Mayer's Dumble next to my 2 express amps

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

norburybrook

Re: John Mayer's Dumble next to my 2 express amps

Post by norburybrook »

update. Having spoken to Alan yesterday now he's back it was the TV production manager who wouldn't let the ODS amp be used. Despite having had the name Dumble removed previously, it was decided NO clones we're allowed due to global TV and the minute chance of any legal action. So a wellagen or any other Clone that still looked like an ODS would have had the same treatment. His words were ' in the USA today we have people driving round looking for ANYTHING with companies they can try and sue, we don't want to take the risk however small'. Eric was fine, so was everyone else on stage but global TV /PPV companies are powerful beasts :D

M
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

But the amps he used in their wood cabs fit that description, don’t they?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

martin manning wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 am But the amps he used in their wood cabs fit that description, don’t they?
I would say they don't look exactly like a trainwreck, they definitely ARE but nobody would know exactly due to not having the full wood cabinet, or the other trademark designs of a TW. I.e. it just looks like a custom built amp, with the guts a secret :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

martin manning wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 am But the amps he used in their wood cabs fit that description, don’t they?
One is cream Tolex with a wood facia and the other as Phil said doesn't have the full wreck cabinet. Also the controls are different , Master volume, cut , switches etc. I htink the ODs amps have the same font Dumble uses and exactly the same layout etc, also Ken Fisher isn't likely to be around...Eric and John are both known to Dumble personally.
IMG_20190808_174510-01 (1).jpeg

M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drew

Post by drew »

norburybrook wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am it was the TV production manager who wouldn't let the ODS amp be used. Despite having had the name Dumble removed previously, it was decided NO clones we're allowed due to global TV and the minute chance of any legal action.
That's beyond silly. As long as the name "DUMBLE" is taped over, what would the claim be? He invented rectangular boxes with knobs and a light in the front? :roll:

But it's still a great story. Next, you should try to build something Clapton will want. Maybe he'll swap you a yacht or a Ferrari that he's tired of for it.
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

I have to say, that is yet another great tale. That is just so cool for you, and thanks so much for sharing with us all!
Wolf Amplification