Redplate amps. Amazing tone

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

heisthl

Re: Redplate amps. Amazing tone

Post by heisthl »

Picture is worth a thousand words - this particular amp had a permanent 470k/470k voltage divider instead of a master volume, chassis is 15" like a Fender Champ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
groovtubin

thousand words

Post by groovtubin »

heisthl wrote:Picture is worth a thousand words - this particular amp had a permanent 470k/470k voltage divider instead of a master volume, chassis is 15" like a Fender Champ.
hey man, you stole my line ;) our amps are VERY similar, even tho mines a HRM ;)

jim@O%&^%ga
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

sidehatch wrote:Yes sir, This amp has Henry's fx loop buffer built in the incredible small package. I dont know how he does it but its in there.
Sidehatch and Henry,

That violin tone is fantastic! I had to listen to those clips twice! Well done and a nice nod to Eric Johnson in there too. Great tone, really great tone.
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

sidehatch wrote:
Im to the point that I just want Henry to build me this exact same amp. im in love with it.
Hell, I have been tempted to do the same thing! As an amp builder myself though, the only thing stopping me is my pride... :oops:

The tone of that amp (taking into account the micing, speakers and of course excellent playing) is some of the best I have ever heard. Certainly it can hold its own with any other build coming out of this forum or the pro builder community. If I had not already invested so much time and money (OK pride too) as a builder, I would definitely be giving Henry a call.

I am going to get all mushy here and say that just like Brandon, Henry deserves this. Both these guys are very generous with their time and knowledge. Early on as I was building my first amp, Henry out of the blue just sent me some labels for my homemade footswitch when he noticed it was naked in one of my posts. I am constantly amazed that given the amount of work Henry, Brandon and other dedicated builders must have, that they still find time to offer help on this forum. Henry has proven himself to be a great human being and his amp tone is the solid proof that he has mastered his craft.
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

The Redplate clips seem to have a certain tightness and clarity to them. I'm really digging the sounds in Henry's head!! :lol:
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

That is one sweet sounding amp and right up my alley for what I want in an amp. Great clips. :)

Wish I had knew about Henry when I lived in Phoenix area I know I would have bought one.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Henry,

Is that a 50 or 100W amp? Damn, that sounds nice.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Shane,

Clips sound very nice. You can sure play the $hit out of yer guitar!
And yes, Henry is the king of crammage -size does matter :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deric

Post by Deric »

Very, very nice! Great playing and a killer tone! Congrats!! 8)
Deric®
BobW

Post by BobW »

Stelligan, after looking at your pic, I didn't see any damping (baffling) material in your 806 (Thiele) cab? Do you prefer it w/o any?
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

BobW wrote:Stelligan, after looking at your pic, I didn't see any damping (baffling) material in your 806 (Thiele) cab? Do you prefer it w/o any?
Hard to see it but, the only back wall you can see is at the center right. It is yellow and nearly the same color as the birch. It does have fiberglass inside. Never tried one without.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Really?
I didn't know that was part of the 806.

I have the plans for those from EV somewhere on my PC and don't recall it mentioning any dampening material inside.

Did Boogie put it in their cabs?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
mdroberts1243

Post by mdroberts1243 »

Structo wrote:Really?
I didn't know that was part of the 806.

I have the plans for those from EV somewhere on my PC and don't recall it mentioning any dampening material inside.

Did Boogie put it in their cabs?
I know I saw some mention of it somewhere, probably in the EV notes, and I stuffed both of mine, but others seem to get by fine without.
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

Do you pad the back, the bottom, and one side?
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

tubedogsmith wrote:Do you pad the back, the bottom, and one side?
Got curious about insulation and took a glimse at the EV TL806 builders plan. bullet 11 on page 2, suggest:

'Line top, both sides, and back with 3" fiberglass insulation. Insulation must not block port opening on inside of cabinet'

Never saw that one. I'm gonna try to dampen my 806 cab a little, since its pretty loud (perhaps a little flutter echo inside the cab) in the treble region.