Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bluesfendermanblues

Re: Ford through a TwoRock last month

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

tag101 wrote:
bluesfendermanblues wrote:
This summer I saw him with Miles Smiles. He played the blonde tele, the new large pedalboard and two fender super amps. He didnt used any of the OD pedals and his sound was pure Robben.

I am not trying to be a smart ass, but no one can get a clean amp to sound overdriven. When you say pure robben, you mean CLEAN pure Robben. (Which is great as well, I agree!) But its a lot different than overdriven Robben. "The Plunge" "Indianola" and such are going to sound a lot different tonally clean. Stylistically speaking, pure Robben I agree. :)
Yes you're right, it wasn't overdriven at all, it was the clean Robben sound spectrum, but you know, you didn't miss anything. He played great, very understated, giving lots of space for his co-players - so I guess he's still a great team player too.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)
Structo

Post by Structo »

Was it loud? :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
garlin

Post by garlin »

delete
Last edited by garlin on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

Structo wrote:Was it loud? :D
Not really.

It was a Jazz gig, for a jazz audience so I would say no and the venue is usually used for used for ballet and theatre.

The PA were stacked speakers at both sides of the stage - About 6 ft. high + plus the build-in smallish theatre PA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)