question on a OD problem

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ACDCG400

question on a OD problem

Post by ACDCG400 »

hey guys i just made my first d'lite/#124 and the clean channel works, its actually gets very dirty. i love it, but the od channel when i flip the switch doesnt work. its pretty much silent. theres a wee bit of very clean guitar sound comin through, but thats it. i ripped out the reverb for now to make things easier, and only have 1 relay. i know its working and i checked every connection. any thoughts? =/ im about to legit rip out every part in the OD section. Thanks for your time guys!
ampdork

Re: question on a OD problem

Post by ampdork »

Is the relay wired properly or are you sending the signal to ground when switching to the OD perhaps?
"...& I'm all out of bubblegum"
ACDCG400

Post by ACDCG400 »

i can check again, but i think its wired correctly, i believe i did a continuity test with my meter on the signal path. not sure tho. if i did it, it was at 4 am lol. this has been a bit frustrating hahaa
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

Well, try swapping the OD tube first. If that's not it check for continuity on your grounds and then use your schematic and trace all your connections and wiring. It's probably something simple you overlooked.
ACDCG400

Post by ACDCG400 »

i found the problem! i wired my trigger pot wrong =[[[ Thanks guys!!