Robben playing a Two Rock?!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

larsmuller

Robben playing a Two Rock?!

Post by larsmuller »

Hey guys, just found this vid on youtube. Clearly no Dumble on the stage behind Robben, but a TR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7N4OE-W ... re=related
Taming a bluesmaster HRM,...
Mr Dumble

Re: Robben playing a Two Rock?!

Post by Mr Dumble »

larsmuller wrote:Hey guys, just found this vid on youtube. Clearly no Dumble on the stage behind Robben, but a TR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7N4OE-W ... re=related
Killing tone and playing. Fattest tone I have heard from him in a long time. Fantastic comping as usual. About time he came to his senses and got a TwoRock. :wink:
Here is another. Boy he is sounding GREAT here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_O6W_R7 ... re=related

EDIT:
Interesting. I just nailed those tones with both my Artist and Emerald Pro.
pazzo63

best robben tone

Post by pazzo63 »

Ciao the tone is good but the best tone from Robben Ford for me is from 89 check live in Rome in Italy, fantastic clean ant the most out of control overdrive best low mids and aggressive singing smooth tone , but Tag i LOVE your 183 pazzo
Guitarman18

Post by Guitarman18 »

Thanks for posting Larsmuller,

To my ears, I think it sounds too stiff and buzzy, compared to his regular clips. It also seems to be giving him trouble with his playing! He doesn't seem as relaxed as usual.

Cheers,

Paul.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Robben often rents equipment.
Structo

Post by Structo »

It's probably the camera but the cleans on the TR don't sound very good.

RKT
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Tonegurus

Post by Tonegurus »

It's a Two-Rock TS1, built for - and in collaboration with - Robben. No formal endorsement or "Robben Ford model" or anything like that, he's just a happy customer. He has had it since May, and so far he leaves the whole rig at Two-Rock (interface, 2290, etc.) and uses it for Northern California gigs for convenience. He and others who have heard it in person love the rig and he has referred other artists to Two-Rock based on his experience with Bill and the rig. I played that amp before he got it and I thought it was great, for whatever that's worth.

Mike
Structo

Post by Structo »

I thought he was playing a Bludo as of late?
Tom

erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Mr Dumble wrote: Interesting. I just nailed those tones with both my Artist and Emerald Pro.
Indeed interesting you can't distinguish a Non-HRM from a HRM circuit both tone wise and builders perpective.
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

Volker Stifler (Two-Rock endorser) was with the Ford brothers years ago and played various TR's. Robben has probably known/played TR for years now but never publicly. After talking to a good friend of HAD recently he said " Dumble just works in private studios in LA and does not build/repair amps for his usual clients anymore", so with that being said you can assume that Robben has gotten fed up with HAD and has moved on to other avenues in which he can get prompt full service anytime (Hence him finally playing some modern D-clones in the past years)
talbany

Post by talbany »

Structo wrote:I thought he was playing a Bludo as of late?
Players/bands that don't play large arenas/sheds etc..
Like Robben don't have there gear following them in a tractor trailer throughout a tour.. Also there schedule is more spread out and less organized at times.. It's not that un-common for him to book a one off where bringing his own gear is not economical or perhaps not a good reason to bring his prize amp out simply for a set at a festival thousands of miles away..So you get out the black book call someone on the amp list and arrange to have one sent to the rental company.. Most amp manufactures are more than willing to hook Robben up with an amp.. This way Robben does a fly in doesn't have to worry about his gear getting lost or stolen in a one off or doing the gig with a twin rental..The amp manufacturer gets the exposure right here..Everyone is happy.. Robben could perhaps have some of these amps in is stable but why if you have one of the best sounding amps on the planet and are are having others send you amps for these one offs most likely for free..Nice Perk huh!!

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

erwin_ve wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote: Interesting. I just nailed those tones with both my Artist and Emerald Pro.
Indeed interesting you can't distinguish a Non-HRM from a HRM circuit both tone wise and builders perpective.
Neither can you. I will post several clips of both, and lets see you pick out whats what. You cant. Careful of what you say about others, eh? :wink:
stratcat62

Post by stratcat62 »

I'm going to see Robben Ford with Renegade Creation in late November. I'll be interested to see if he has the Dumble or the Two-Rock.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I hadn't heard of that collaberation before.
I just played a sample on Amazon.

Landau and Ford, that ought to be very good! :D
Tom

erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Mr Dumble wrote:
erwin_ve wrote:
Neither can you. I will post several clips of both, and lets see you pick out whats what. You cant. Careful of what you say about others, eh? :wink:
I'm talking about your amps; their different(non-hrm and hrm) buth both they can nail that exact tone?
This is a builders forum, but yet you state they sound the same! :?:
I'm not interested in TGP talk, I'm interested in what nails the sound circuit wise. Fe.What does a presence cap for you; do you like 2,2uF or do you like 1uF and why; what tonal spectrum do they represent in the dumble/tr/bludo/ rf plays? These are IMO valid ampgarage discussions.
Come on Tag start building your amp!