Today's Dumble ODS 50 watt values ?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

makrisp

Today's Dumble ODS 50 watt values ?

Post by makrisp »

Could someone inform me on the value for a 1980 Dumble ODS 50 watt combo?

Looking for today's values? I saw a Winterland go on Ebay for about $20K a few weeks back. I believe the amp mentioned above would be worth $25-$30K if I am correct.

Could someone confirm?

Assume all original.

Thank you
Last edited by makrisp on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PM
Bob-I

Re: Dumble Prices ?

Post by Bob-I »

makrisp wrote:Could someone inform me on the value for a 1980 Dumble ODS 50 watt combo?

Assume all original.

Thank you

Arm... leg.... first born....

Dumble doesn't really build production amps. They're all custom built for the customer, and he's only built a few hundred.

If you're looking for a clone, check out Fuchs and 2 rock (google them).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Re: Today's Dumble ODS 50 watt values ?

Post by Robert »

If you would be so kind to post some very detailed pictures of ALL the internal components I'm sure we can determine for you the authenticity and era of the amplifier. If you have voltage measurements go ahead and post those as well. As far as value goes, Funks chassis for $155, couple hundred for transformers, couple hundred more for parts, tubes and speaker, all total well under $1000. :wink:
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

HMMMM....I wish I got $50,000 to develope an amp for someone....Usually beer! :D

Allyn
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Allynmey wrote:HMMMM....I wish I got $50,000 to develope an amp for someone....Usually beer! :D

Allyn
Ummm.. so does HAD. I posted HIS price list which is pretty reasonable for a boutique amp. These silly prices are E-Bay prices.

Personally I can't see it. It's just an amp and you can get a clone from any number of sources, and as an investment I can't see the prices escallating any higher.