ODSR #13 Hand drawn layout by H.A.D

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

talbany

ODSR #13 Hand drawn layout by H.A.D

Post by talbany »

So I've been going through some old drives lately and bumped into this and think it's time to share it.
#13 is a 2nd generation ODSR and one of the 1'st ever built. It has the pre OD Reverb.
The values are a little hard to read? however if someone wants to take a stab at doing a schematic that would be very cool..

Good Luck!

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by talbany on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
erwin_ve

Re: ODSR #13 Hand drawn layout by H.A.D

Post by erwin_ve »

talbany

Post by talbany »

erwin_ve wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am Tony, I think this has passed several times here;

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22855

Best,

Erwin
Good..Glad it was eventually shared..I had it sent to me in a PM. :roll:
BTW. This is the 1st time I've seen a gut shot?
Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

Wow super interesting Tony! Do you have a better resolution? I would spend time doing the schematic and/or layout, but my poor sight with this little resolution won't help much.

Cheers,

Fred.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

talbany wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:52 am
erwin_ve wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am Tony, I think this has passed several times here;

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22855

Best,

Erwin
Good..Glad it was eventually shared..I had it sent to me in a PM. :roll:
BTW. This is the 1st time I've seen a gut shot?
Tony
In the 2nd link there are some gut shots too.
Interesting amp.
I might do a chassis/pcb run with this amp. Chassis wise the difference with a Sss is mainly the preamp tube holes.

Erwin
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

fred.violleau wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:24 pm Wow super interesting Tony! Do you have a better resolution? I would spend time doing the schematic and/or layout, but my poor sight with this little resolution won't help much.

Cheers,

Fred.
Check the links: schematic and layout are there.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

forgive me for questioning the great HAD but.......reverb BEFORE the OD!!! really?

what's with that?

M
talbany

Post by talbany »

Try this one
1200DPIDumbleLayout.pdf
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

norburybrook wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:47 pm forgive me for questioning the great HAD but.......reverb BEFORE the OD!!! really?

what's with that?

M
Marcus; 1976!
talbany

Post by talbany »

norburybrook wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:47 pm forgive me for questioning the great HAD but.......reverb BEFORE the OD!!! really?

what's with that?

M
Marcus
if there is 1 common thread that runs through all of Dumbles amps that have reverb (including SSS's)
It was how he integrated them into his circuits :? ..Sitting in the cheap seats it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that he was either struggling or experimenting with different methods that he was happy with?..IMO there is no perfect way to implement it without altering the sound (gain structure) of the amplifier especially a 2 channel with overdrive.
BTW.The Tweed mixer in SSS #002 was the closest he got..IMO
Let the "Fender" flames fly! I am ready.. :lol:
Tony
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

talbany wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 pm if there is 1 common thread that runs through all of Dumbles amps that have reverb (including SSS's)
It was how he integrated them into his circuits :? ..Sitting in the cheap seats it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that he was either struggling or experimenting with different methods that he was happy with?..IMO there is no perfect way to implement it without drastically altering the sound of the amplifier (especially a 2 channel with overdrive)
Let the "Fender" flames fly! :lol:
Tony
It would be fun and useful to have Clean, OD, and reverb all in one amp. Isn't this the premise of the Two Rock Bloomfield Drive? But yes, it fundamentally changes the sound. I think Roots has built his take on the ODR/Bloomfield idea (?) or certainly modeled it. My solution is to run 102 as my core sound; dry, no effects. My wet amp will be a JM100 with lush reverb. Why have one amp, when you can run two in stereo at twice the price? But that eliminates the OD-ruining reverb pedal in front of 102 (when you want to use the 102 OD section). And who doesn't like more amps and stereo?
talbany

Post by talbany »

Colossal wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:16 pm
talbany wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 pm if there is 1 common thread that runs through all of Dumbles amps that have reverb (including SSS's)
It was how he integrated them into his circuits :? ..Sitting in the cheap seats it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that he was either struggling or experimenting with different methods that he was happy with?..IMO there is no perfect way to implement it without drastically altering the sound of the amplifier (especially a 2 channel with overdrive)
Let the "Fender" flames fly! :lol:
Tony
It would be fun and useful to have Clean, OD, and reverb all in one amp. Isn't this the premise of the Two Rock Bloomfield Drive? But yes, it fundamentally changes the sound. I think Roots has built his take on the ODR/Bloomfield idea (?) or certainly modeled it. My solution is to run 102 as my core sound; dry, no effects. My wet amp will be a JM100 with lush reverb. Why have one amp, when you can run two in stereo at twice the price? But that eliminates the OD-ruining reverb pedal in front of 102 (when you want to use the 102 OD section). And who doesn't like more amps and stereo?
This one is not bad? Two Rock Custom Reverb

Tony
philbard

Post by philbard »

Looks like its already been successfully drawn as a schematic, but if anyone is interested in the hand drawn version, I put Photoshop to work on making it appear a bit more like it probably was when it was created. Some scaling, contrast adjustment and sharpening.
ODSR13DumbleLayout.pdf
Phil
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

what's with that?

M

high-grade government lattice

https://youtu.be/iVTj08qTwGw?t=20
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
talbany

Post by talbany »

Looks like its already been successfully drawn as a schematic
Can you post that please.

Thanks
Tony