Sozo shipping gone beserk?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

kdmay

Re: Sozo shipping gone beserk?

Post by kdmay »

[quote="Prairie Dawg"][quote="Cantplay"]You have to make 3 copies of a commercial bill of lading,customs document, and fill out a form to do international shipment.

So the actual cost of the shipment, the extra time to do the paperwork, and you have to get to the post office, because its not a daily pickup like UPS.

I don't think its too much to charge.

John[/quote]
Nahh. you fill out a single long form customs declaration and hand it over with your check. It takes about three minutes. I've shipped a lot of stuff overseas up to a value of about $800 and that's what I did.[/quote]

Agree - it frustrates me the number of US sellers who won't ship here to Oz due to a perceived "hassle". It really ain't and there are plenty of cashed up Aussies riding the strong dollar ready to buy......
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I recently priced shipping a small amp to Australia and was quoted between 175 and I think 235 so that was silly. I used to ship guitars to Japan and Europe with enough insurance to buy a car for less than that, back before the telephone.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
azatplayer

Post by azatplayer »

Yeah its hard to get stuff across sometimes. I avoid guys who have little exp with this stuff, guitars and amps that is, cos they quote over the top pricing. Aus does have stupid import sizes that feck us up, stupid length rules. On top of that anything over a grand gets hit with tariffs.
But ive had many great deals with some amazing people, Americans are still high on my love list, some good peeps over yonder.
chief mushroom cloud

Post by chief mushroom cloud »

azatplayer wrote:Gees them ERO caps with the foil finish look bloody cool!!
Opinions on em? They look great and are cheap az.
German made too.
can't go wrong w/ KT1801s in a ac15/18w build...cheep, too..same build as tropyfols
Don't overthink it. Just drink it.
RevD

Post by RevD »

azatplayer wrote:Yeah its hard to get stuff across sometimes. I avoid guys who have little exp with this stuff, guitars and amps that is, cos they quote over the top pricing. Aus does have stupid import sizes that feck us up, stupid length rules. On top of that anything over a grand gets hit with tariffs.
But ive had many great deals with some amazing people, Americans are still high on my love list, some good peeps over yonder.
Heh, well Americans are just Europeans who moved at one point... hehe... Seriously though, there are seriously great people all over from what I've seen on great forums like this..

Shipping and such has become so intrusive in the way business is conducted it eats away at the small margin most hobby/semi-pro builders are able to see. And to add insult to injury even if you get it all right and the package gets there, it looks like it was placed kicked there half the time..

I used to be able to walk into Antique Electronics here in town and will call what I needed, then it was down to one day a week and pickup the next day, then they stopped it altogether (as far as I know, theres no mention of it anymore and I don't have a Bus. license to deal with they're wholesale branch). Now with taxes and such it cheaper for me to buy out of state even if its slower and doesn't have exactly what I want without wading through filters and such to find the part. If I were building for someone other than myself I'd be taking a bath on labor to be competitive I think. Sorry to those outside of the states, I know for sure I couldn't afford to do even the little bit of building I do if I didn't live here in the states.

Regards,

Don