Marshall redux: tube movers

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Marshall redux: tube movers

Post by Reeltarded »

I am rebuilding a BB combo (laugh it up! bought it in '07) but I want to use V1 position as another channel, and move the PI arrangment to where the trem used to be.

Refresher: on a Marshall trem chassis, the trem tube is on the other side of the output tubes, away from the inputs/cathode follower/pi arrangment.

My other option is putting an ef86 a foot from the inputs, and having it loop all the way back for switching into a cascade with the other two channels. That sounds noisy, doesn't it? Make me stop drawing this, please... today!

I found a stock 50 board, I am going to make a sub-board for the added tube near the input, and move all the knobs down 2 slots to the left for the super secret Zodiac input. The PI tube would move, but the board components stay where they are. Simple. Right?
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
kin345

Re: Marshall redux: tube movers

Post by kin345 »

Many moving and packing companies are available which work on packing the products and move them to the one place to the other. You can get help from any company to move any type of products from one place to the other.
camerongrieve

Post by camerongrieve »

Well there ya go, problem solved :D
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

camerongrieve wrote:Well there ya go, problem solved :D
:lol:
markr14850

Post by markr14850 »

kin345 wrote:Many moving and packing companies are available which work on packing the products and move them to the one place to the other. You can get help from any company to move any type of products from one place to the other.
Moderator please. We have a spam-bot.
xtian

Post by xtian »

markr14850 wrote:Moderator please. We have a spam-bot.
Naw! He fits right in with this snarky crowd, and already gets our humor! I wouldn't have blinked except that his number of posts = 1!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

rofl

The bastard needs to get over here and wire up my last socket. ;)
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Reeltarded wrote:I am rebuilding a BB combo (laugh it up! bought it in '07) but I want to use V1 position as another channel, and move the PI arrangment to where the trem used to be.

Refresher: on a Marshall trem chassis, the trem tube is on the other side of the output tubes, away from the inputs/cathode follower/pi arrangment.

My other option is putting an ef86 a foot from the inputs, and having it loop all the way back for switching into a cascade with the other two channels. That sounds noisy, doesn't it? Make me stop drawing this, please... today!

I found a stock 50 board, I am going to make a sub-board for the added tube near the input, and move all the knobs down 2 slots to the left for the super secret Zodiac input. The PI tube would move, but the board components stay where they are. Simple. Right?
Marshall trems also run a transistor between plate and cathode, right? If you take it out it simplifies some of the B+ wiring. My concern would be the length of the runs to the new PI. 5F6As have problems with this length and it's the same circuit except for the trem.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It's done ^^ no trem and two unused (so far) triodes. I think one is going to be a 4th stage, and the other a make-up for the diode network.

Screams!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Isn't this type of amp that S.I.R. converted to four tube gain monster #39?

Glad you got it working Miles.

Mark
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yes it is a trem model with no trem.

Thanks Mark. I built one amp in the time it takes you to build 8. This thread is sooo old.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Reeltarded wrote:I am rebuilding a BB combo (laugh it up! bought it in '07) but I want to use V1 position as another channel, and move the PI arrangment to where the trem used to be.

Marshall trems also run a transistor between plate and cathode, right? If you take it out it simplifies some of the B+ wiring. My concern would be the length of the runs to the new PI. 5F6As have problems with this length and it's the same circuit except for the trem.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Pends on whether the loose triodes have whiskers.
i'm having a giraffe of wine & unable to control my grinning right now.
Must re-read That thread tomorrow.
By the way it's like a caraffe - but with a long neck :lol:
Why Aye Man
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I only have one unused catthode now. :)

Stage 4 complete. This is the first time I am painting without a subject. Hope it doesn't beelow up.

Bob, I think a long necked caraffe is a bottle?
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

omg it works