STRIPPER DREAMS

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ViperDoc

STRIPPER DREAMS

Post by ViperDoc »

I just bought this wire stripper and tested it on 22 AWG Tefzel coating. It cuts it perfectly like butter. I am thrilled.

Just plug it in, man.
echuta13

Re: STRIPPER DREAMS

Post by echuta13 »

I'm disappointed by this thread! :evil:

P.S. The best strippers smell like cigarettes and Aqua net.
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

That "stripper" seems like a copy of the Ideal Stripmaster that has been around for ages..... What was the price?
xtian

Post by xtian »

Not disappointed. That stripper is HOT!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Those work great when you are stripping long wires in wide open spaces. Not very useful when trying to strip a 2" long wire inside a chassis. Test them on a few 2" long wires. A good companion would be the Klein 11046 strippers I recently suggested in another thread.

The standard blades in that stripper are more suited for electrical work rather than electronics work. There is a set of blades available that will do 16-26 AWG and would be more useful to an electronics tech. But if you never go below 22 AWG those blades are fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Blades-Stripper- ... 00&sr=8-58
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Aurora wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:21 pm That "stripper" seems like a copy of the Ideal Stripmaster that has been around for ages..... What was the price?
It was under $30.

Yes, the blades only go down to 22 AWG—smallest I’ve used so far. The blades are definitely replaceable, so it’s nice to know this will handle the smaller gauges if configured right. Good point on the work area. I saw a technique where this stripper will strip a wire mid-span. I picked up a new smaller stripper like the one Sluckey recommended (the exact model wasn’t available), and they’re likely not as good.
Just plug it in, man.
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

I just bought that one, i was having a hard time with 20awg teflon wire. These worked great for me also.