Attack Site Warning?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rp

Re: Attack Site Warning?

Post by rp »

Wow, you typed all that out. A screen shot would have been easier.

If you google some amp query that takes you to TAG you will get that, which I'm very much sure is scaring off non-regulars. Not good, plus the only work around is to cut and paste the URL which these days is like taking the bus.

Otherwise bookmarks gets me the other warning (that's become like a boil that won't go away) but as a regular I click through it. PITA but I like it here.

I've noticed a lot less new traffic. It must get fixed soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

rp wrote: PITA but I like it here.

Given the history, I suspect it will only get fixed when google gets tired of listing it - if they have an "expiration date" on warnings.

When I had the same issue with my web site, it took about 24 hours from the time I had it clean and asked google for a rescan.

Either the real situation is vastly more complicated, like other infected server pages intermixed with this one on the same host, with an infection that can't be wiped out, or for one reason or another google is not being asked to rescan and take it off the black list. Don't know which.
renshen1957

Post by renshen1957 »

rp wrote:Wow, you typed all that out. A screen shot would have been easier.

If you google some amp query that takes you to TAG you will get that, which I'm very much sure is scaring off non-regulars. Not good, plus the only work around is to cut and paste the URL which these days is like taking the bus.

Otherwise bookmarks gets me the other warning (that's become like a boil that won't go away) but as a regular I click through it. PITA but I like it here.

Hi,

Although I try to be a dedicated tagger, I actually copied and pasted.

However, Firefox will not go to Amp Garage when the URL is typed directly. Some cock and bull story that Mozilla uses F=ing Google's list of badware sites. And directs you to www.stopbadware.org I know have to use IE to enter, even when I use a link from my freemail account.

Google ruined the search engine culture on the internet. It tracks your websites, presents what it thinks you want to see (totally different from another person's used of the same search term), and it basically presents results that are for commercial products. And then there's the hundreds of Billions $$$ of profits Google has stashed offshore and isn't paying taxes on.

Okay rant over, but Stopbadware.org etc wants "the site owner" to deal with the block. Also dumb arse Google has black balled the amp garage

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for ampgarage.com

What is the current listing status for ampgarage.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 254 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 214 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-08-03, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-06-23.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS46606 (UNIFIEDLAYER-AS-1), AS15169 (GOOGLE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, ampgarage.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
•Return to the previous page.
•If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Google is full of (expletive deleted). 84% of the pages! I haven't once been hit by malware on TAG, not like daily motion.

I miss the old Alta Vista when it produced results before yahoo bought it and ruined it.

Best regards,

Steve

PS A Pox on Google.
Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is named Steve
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

i use a program called Advance System Care Ultimate so i just click past all those warnings with impunity. i run a full scan every night that powers down my system when it is finished. and i use a dedicated password that only works here.

however it is nag-ware to the max, constantly updating; but affordable and i know alot of neck-beard nerdlingers that swear by it.

i do agree that traffic has slowed down substantially since the attack site redirect has taken effect. i hope it get resolved soon, but i am also very appreciative of the altruistic efforts of the admins.

moral of the story, thanks to all, especially those working to fix the problem. feel no pressure on my part, only extreme appreciation.

i love you all, hugs
neal
rp

Post by rp »

presents what it thinks you want to see (totally different from another person's used of the same search term)
This is a very big deal. When I search I want to know what I don't know not what I might want to know. That just creates a crap feedback loop that they artfully tweak so I don't notice. I doubt we've seen the end of google, but hopefully this is the start. What makes the net a historic turning point for humanity is connecting all the little stuff (all of us) on an equal level, which is how google started, not creating another centralized power hierarchy like we've had for the last 10K years. So, yes google now sucks and is a threat.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Google has sucked for a long time. They have no right to keep track of products I've looked at, then fly those products in ads on the sides of webpages I visit, asking "Are you still interested in this?" That's a complete invasion of my privacy.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Guys, this is easy - just don't use google. There are other search engines. They're smart, and customer driven. When their use falls off compared to other engines, they'll change. Until that happens, all the shrieking about invasion of privacy in the world won't change them.

It's not a morality play - it's dollars and cents. If you don't like them, go elsewhere. Capitalism is really very, very, very self-correcting until it gets to being a monopoly.

Vote with your feet.

I'm amazed at the number of people who think it's better to curse the darkness than light a single candle. :lol:
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Google is the only search engine I know of.... Well except for bing. Perhaps you could name a few more? I certainly will check it out.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

duck duck go

im serious, https://duckduckgo.com/

they dont track you
rp

Post by rp »

+

https://startpage.com/
https://hulbee.com/privacy

Startpage just strips out the tracking but lowers the relevance some, so I still wind up double checking google as it just more comprehensive. we aren't totally there yet. I just found out about the last one, can't critique yet. sadly google is still a powerhouse for search. after 20 years their algorithm must be growing like a life force.
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

I'll say it again. Go to the 'search engine' selection part of the 'preferences' section in your browser and uncheck google and check another one (such as duck duck go).
He who dies with the most tubes... wins
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Meanwhile, no matter what anyone thinks of google or other search engines, the attack site warning is still there, and still impairing the ability of people to enjoy the site.

Converting the discussion to tarring and feathering google for what they do or do not do doesn't change any of that.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I agree with R.G. I've tried all kinds of different search engines and still get the warning but I like Google the best works for me so I'm sticking with it and bypass the red page. :)

Mark
roberto

Post by roberto »

On top of that, now is impossible to upload the files...
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

I can't sign in to the site from home on my Mac. It's been a major drag.