Ceriatone OTS Mini Build Help

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mehfuzhoss

Re: Ceriatone OTS Mini Build Help

Post by mehfuzhoss »

I have finished the two boards. I am confused about the two white trim post that were shipped. but i dont see it on the lay out or in the actual picture in ceriatone doesn't have those two bias post installed. So i dont' need those installed? Any suggestion!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I don't know what the OTS mini is, but generally the two pots in the dumbles are a trim pot for the OD channel, and a trim pot for the PI balance. I looked up a layout and I also don't see these pots there, so I'm not sure why they'd include them, unless they provide the means of using them but don't put them on the actual layout? This is one of the many problems with the ceriatone kits, they're not well documented and he doesn't give good support so people have to find those of us that know elsewhere. That super low cost comes with poor documentation and poor support on purpose :D

Hope that helps though, if you have pics of the board we could tell you where they likey 'should' go.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

DOH! I thought this was a first post, just realized there are other pages haha, not enough coffee yet. My comments on the trim pot are still correct, but I can now see the photo's Seems they don't provide an easy means of letting you use them. Not sure why they included them, unless it is the same 'parts' pile they put for other Overdrive Special clones, so you just get those for their convenience of not stocking another SKU.

I don't know why people wouldn't want those pots, though, to adjust the OD channel's input and the PI balance etc.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
mehfuzhoss

Post by mehfuzhoss »

figured it out with Nik. The two bias measurement post are new addition to the layout. I had to drill two holes on the back plastic face plate to install the measurement posts. Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts and comments. I finished up wiring everything except for the OT and PT.

The kit comes with 4 1M 1watt CF resistors. I have used 3 so far - 1 on the input jack and 2 on the main board. Wondering where the other 1 goes. Can't see a 4th 1M anywhere in the layout. Am i missing something?

Thank you.
mehfuzhoss

Post by mehfuzhoss »

Question about this Heater CT wiring (red marked on the picture). please look at the layout pic attached and tell me where this wire gets attached to!

https://imgur.com/OCyWz9H
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Either the Power transformer has a center tap that would go there or needs a virtual center tap using two 100 ohm resistors soldered to the filament supply wires then to ground at that point shown.
mehfuzhoss

Post by mehfuzhoss »

Yes thank you. I figured out that the PT has two center tap colored grey and I joined them together and grounded it. Thank you very much.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

The thicker gray wire is the filament supply CT due to larger current supply.
mehfuzhoss

Post by mehfuzhoss »

I put together everything today and the amp sounds amazing. Great value for a kit! Thank you guyz so much for your support!!!!
mehfuzhoss

Post by mehfuzhoss »

Hello, The amp sounds good to my ear. However, should I check and measure bias? the bias pot is turned half way middle position. I am no expert in this but I would really appreciate if you can walk me through the bias set up for this amp. Any documentation would be really nice! Again thank you!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Here you go the voltage chart which shows the bias setting based on the expected voltage yours could be different.

Mark
OTS 20 lunchbox.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EmminentFront

Post by EmminentFront »

I also am going into the process of building the OTS. I believe the guy who started this post grounded the master pot, making no signal possible. Right?