Amp Phase - Am I going mad?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: Amp Phase - Am I going mad?

Post by Reeltarded »

Now we are off in the World.

There is a rule about sources and mics. 3:1 distance ratio between separate sources. Inverse sqaure.

Audible things are a mess. haha
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

pdf64 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm
And perhaps we can blame Phil, as he (inadvertently) started it off when he mentioned the Vox trem [vib] network, which uses a brain haemorrhagingly complex combination of phase shift AND polarity inversion :evil:
Cheers, Pete
Absolutely :D But also note I was mentioning earlier a lot of this stuff is still beyond me. BUT I think I get it better just due to this discussion.

I do think the earlier statement makes sense and is 'right' technically'

Polarity has no time component, and phase is explicitly a shift in the time itself.

As has been stated, everyone confuses these terms and making that go away is basically impossible :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Fine. Ignore my implication that you only need to separate the inputs on an amp by three inches to combat polarity shifting.

Someone should make a hardwire bypass polarity pedal.. it should be made for assholes.

I'll take one.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.