Unleash peeps

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Unleash peeps

Post by Reeltarded »

I discovered something pretty cool tonight.

Use the volume up about 10 o'clock and use the trim to set your volume. That's all. Doing it the other way sounds like sheepdip.

That loop rocks in there. Wish it was stereo output. Sheepdip.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Scumback Speakers

Re: Unleash peeps

Post by Scumback Speakers »

Got one myself. I set the trim to about 10:00 as well. Then vol 1 at 2:00 and vol 2 at 4:00 for solos. It turns my 9w amp into a raging f**king beast through a 4x12.
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Love the loop.

I wish. I could find someone who hates his. I want another one for stereo power and channelize two amps. Its good stuff. Not bad.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bcmatt

Post by bcmatt »

I ordered one almost a month ago and it finally shipped yesterday. I look forward to trying it when I get back from Japan... Will definitely experiment with the whole setting the output volume from the trim thing... Never would have thought of that... Weird.
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

I've got an eye out for one of these also. Something about the thought of a small single ended head, an unleash, and a 1x12 thiele cab for gigs would be awesome.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Stop bein lazy Miles. Clips and pics you lazy bastid. Herry up quicker!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Its too produced sounding. You wouldn't like it. Fizzy.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

I've wanted one of those since they were announced. Early shipments had problems I heard. Sorted now, I'm sure.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

You're right I hate it. too fizzy
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Just looked at the manual...yay speakon connectors. Great idea...I would have never thought of that.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Needs a stereo amp and loop.

:)
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Ok new discovery.

Have two here. The controls are all before the loop so a second channel is slaved to the output of the other unit if simply using the loop return on channel two. This also leaves an interesting setup where three of them becomes stereo plus 100% dry for a line mixer routing effects and 3 amplifiers as channels.

It's cool like that.
David Root

Post by David Root »

I guess I'm not as up-to-the-minute as you guys, I had to look this up! Sounds like a real groundbreaker.

This is small enough I might want to go down to Bellingham or Seattle & bootleg one back to Vancouver, rather than pay the "Canadian Premium".
bcmatt

Post by bcmatt »

David Root wrote:I guess I'm not as up-to-the-minute as you guys, I had to look this up! Sounds like a real groundbreaker.

This is small enough I might want to go down to Bellingham or Seattle & bootleg one back to Vancouver, rather than pay the "Canadian Premium".
I ordered mine to a shipping outlet in Sumas from Musician's Friend while they had on of their 15% off sales. it's less than $5 for most of them to recieve it for you and there are a number of them along the border. Look up "Ship Happens" or "Package Express".
It was nicer when I lived above Montana because they don't have the same taxes Washington does.
Oregon doesn't have tax either if you are ever driving down there... But not sure if they have shipping companies...
Smokebreak

Post by Smokebreak »

I'm surprised no one has built one yet;) or maybe someone has?