Fender PA100 mod

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Smokebreak

Fender PA100 mod

Post by Smokebreak »

I got a job modifying a Fender PA100, and the owner gave me carte blanche. Of course initially he wanted 4 different amps in one, but once I explained things to him, he was cool with my suggestion of a switchable 2/3 stage Marshall thing. He wanted me to use the reverb and wanted a lot of voicing switches. I think I was looking at some Shiva schemes that day because the 3 stage resembles that.
I kept the 12AT7 for the PI, and modified the odd reverb circuit to work. Killer guitar amp now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JayB

Re: Fender PA100 mod

Post by JayB »

How does the reverb sound the you have it now? The way they have that reverb in that amp is strange. Nice job the way you got it now.

I built a fender/marshall two channel amp with the typical reverb and it sounds really good. I used two gain push/pull pots that switch out the bright caps on the gain pots. A switch to by pass the 470pf/470k before the second second stage. Then a dual pole swtch to switch the cathode bypass caps on the last two stages.
Smokebreak

Re: Fender PA100 mod

Post by Smokebreak »

Sounds like a cool amp you have there! I tinkered with the reverb a bit to get it to sound good, as it was a bit weak at first, using the stock circuit and my insertion point. My changes from stock was a 1M infront of the at7 stage(it was 100K or something), and I bypassed the at7 Rk. Everything came to life at that point, and there's plenty of good sounding reverb on tap. The insertion point/220K seems to be a good enough spot, and that 220K is fairly common anyway in some high gain amps w/o reverb, between the Treble and MV pot.