Fisher tubes

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

murphyterence

Fisher tubes

Post by murphyterence »

I just received my father's old Fisher 202 stereo amp that is loaded with the original Fisher 12ax7's. They are split between Great Britan and West Germany with one being made in Holland. Anyone know who made Fisher branded tubes?
Phil_S

Re: Fisher tubes

Post by Phil_S »

Typically, the Holland are Philips, the GB are Mullard, and I'd guess the German are Telefunken, though could be Siemens. The German ones have a diamond shaped symbol in the middle of the base where the pins are? If so, Telefunken.
thousandshirts

Post by thousandshirts »

+1 on what Phil said - Fisher tubes are often good scores. I have some Fisher branded Teles.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

I don't suppose you also got a GZ34 in there. Fisher-branded GZ34s are typically really nice Mullards.
murphyterence

fisher tubes

Post by murphyterence »

I will check...
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

thousandshirts wrote:+1 on what Phil said - Fisher tubes are often good scores. I have some Fisher branded Teles.
It's a shame to booger it up by raiding the iron...these will fetch a high price on eBay, as is and then you can buy anything you want. But the output transformers are said to be excellent for guitar amps. That said, and considering probable sentimental value, I suggest restoring it and enjoying it as is, tubes, iron, and all.