Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mr_hankey

Re: Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Post by mr_hankey »

As a somewhat poor university student, I currently only have two guitars: My '82 Tokai Silver Star (copy of the '76 Stratocaster). I think it's the cheapest or second-cheapest version they sold back then. I replaced the black stuff with white stuff.

[IMG:800:600]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/ ... G_1314.jpg[/img]

+ PRS SE Santana II. A silvery one. It doesn't look particularly good, but it plays like a dream.
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

I thought I heard someone say something about hair bands or metal so here's a pick of some of my sweet metal guitars. I have a bit of a hoarding problem with guitars and amps.

[IMG:800:479]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... /money.jpg[/img]
NEjoe

Post by NEjoe »

Just one guitar that I should sell (because it doesn't get played), but I just don't want to.

[IMG:640:480]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211 ... 000200.jpg[/img]

[IMG:640:480]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211 ... 000196.jpg[/img]

I swear that fretboard grain was straight before I loaned it out to a friend. J/K

[IMG:480:640]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211 ... 000193.jpg[/img]

and whenever I hear "raid on gibson" this is what comes to my mind

[IMG:640:480]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211 ... 000219.jpg[/img]
I mean that agent even has matching gibson case colored camo.
EDIT Oh yeah, it's a 1991 explorer 76 reissue...stock, no mods.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Beaver carved me a mandolin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Nana and Pebbles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

That may be the first triple PU Paul I've ever seen. But then, I don't get out much. Plus my memory's kind of swiss cheese.

Awesome axes. Fraternal twins. Handy Beaver too.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Bought it from Steve Marriott with the middle pickup removed. They are a bitch to play lead on because every note is accented by a tinky pick on the cover noise even if the pickups are lowered until they fall. Very shallow angle until the later series, the same angle as the P-90 guitars. This is a Humble Pie guitar. I don't own it anymore. It's sort of heavy compared to the really good ones, but it played 30 days in the hole more than a couple times.

I would like this guitar back. I like my friend... but if something bad should happen...

Pebbs is way better. Best one I ever played.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

You still have Pebbles?

Man, I love HP. There was a pier in my home town called "Humble Pier", so of course one night it became "Humble Pie". :twisted:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yeah still have Pebbles.

That pie(r) sign would make a great tshirt.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Got washed away in hurricane Ike. (along with everything else in the area)
JoeCon

Post by JoeCon »

Reel

You need to start a new topic..."Ones that got away!"

I miss a couple of nice triple pickup black beauties, a dan armstrong plexi guitar with removable pickups, a mid 60's fender jazzmaster...etc!!

I'm gonna go cry now....
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Nothing ever got away! I used to find the impossible and trade it for the insane. Guitars weren't jewelry for royalty back when it was fun.

When I started buying, the best burst in the World only was 6k, and you could get it for 4k and a blonde dot you bought for 250 in Idaho. Marshalls were never more than 250-350 for plexi 100s. You just have to be up and wobbling on drunk legs earlier than the rest of the band.

Then something went wrong and 10,000 acountants cashed in their 401ks and opened vintage shops full of stuff theu bought at high retail. haha eff me and not one of them is in business! Good! I hope that hurt. Screwed everything up and made it impossible for kids to own new quality Gibsons and such. omg I need more coffee I am about to freaking rant like a banshee!!

Rant in coffee delay
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Reeltarded wrote:Nothing ever got away! I used to find the impossible and trade it for the insane. Guitars weren't jewelry for royalty back when it was fun.

When I started buying, the best burst in the World only was 6k, and you could get it for 4k and a blonde dot you bought for 250 in Idaho. Marshalls were never more than 250-350 for plexi 100s. You just have to be up and wobbling on drunk legs earlier than the rest of the band.

Then something went wrong and 10,000 acountants cashed in their 401ks and opened vintage shops full of stuff theu bought at high retail. haha eff me and not one of them is in business! Good! I hope that hurt. Screwed everything up and made it impossible for kids to own new quality Gibsons and such. omg I need more coffee I am about to freaking rant like a banshee!!

Rant in coffee delay
Those were the days, too bad I came at the very tail end of it all...I did find an under the bed 59 burst in the early 80's but was too young and poor to get it.

Sounds like you've had/have some killer stuff, kudos to you
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Last edited by ChrisM on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Oh dear.. have I ever posted this?

The World's largest left-handed flying v made mostly of truck parts by hand in the cab of a truck over the course of two years by a guy without a clue what a scale length should be when he started. Brian refused to hold it in a picture.