Twin PA Valve Junior with Power Scaling

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: Twin PA Valve Junior with Power Scaling

Post by HeeBGB »

jurgen wrote:
res ipsa loquitor
You guys speaking Klingon for Gary's benefit? :lol:

I know it's Latin :lol:
UR12

Post by UR12 »

mooreamps wrote:The 813 based amp would never be released as a kit. As for my other builds, we got some favorable comments from the DJ's at 107.7 radio station when Mike as playing as guest DJ. As far as I'm concerned, you're just wasting my time and wasting bandwidth on this web site.
-g
Releasing the 813 as a kit was a joke. I guess you have no sense of humor so we can add that to your list of short comings or should we just lump that with having no social skills. Come to think of it seems like everything goes over your head. Are you sure you understand English?

I guess you are the one wasting the bandwith posting your VJ stuff here AND at SEWATT.COM. Maybe we should all start sending our amps to 107.7 to get the DJ's opinions. But if they think your VJs sounds good then they must be hearing impaired so maybe that's not such a good idea. :lol: Maybe we should call them up and ask them what they really thought. :lol: If you continue to post in this thread then you are wasting your own time. Why don't you go spend some time building some of the stuff you got in your head so we can hear it. Then you wouldn't be wasting everyone elses time.
mooreamps

Post by mooreamps »

Ya, and in the meantime while you are posting crap on my thread, you're busy in the background building my double-bridge filament circuit.

IT's not a VJ. I only used the chassis for the first engineering prototype. The factory card was pulled, and then I installed my 4 gain stage pre-amp, twin PA, and power brake, thus proving you two clowns are not knowing what you are typeing.

But don't worry, I'll have my 36 watt done shortly, and I would be a fool to post it here....
-g
Omar

Post by Omar »

Jesus H. Christ, what happened to this thread!?! :(

Everyone need to go back to their neutral corner. I think nothing more constructive can be added.

mooreamps - It appears that your intention is to promote your work and your designs, but as you may or may not be able to tell this board doesn't work that way. This is an open discussion board where we have guys who are interested in learning in an open environment. Your attitude has not helped in this situation. Your claims of wanting to help others with your designs seems disingenuous, at best. My hope is that you would become a valuable member of this community given your vast knowledge if you would help others by posting responses on other threads. But starting threads that come across as self promotion and filled with arrogance and condescending responses are destined to go the way this thread has gone and as owner of this forum I will not put up with it.

Everyone else - Enough is enough. I think there tends to be a mob mentality to pile on with these kind of threads so move along. One other point that I want to make is that although there is a strong emphasis on Trainwrecks and Dumbles I don't want it limited to just those amps.

I've never locked a thread before although this may be the first. Please keep it civil.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

Thanks , Omar!
:shock:

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
UR12

Post by UR12 »

mooreamps wrote: Ya, and in the meantime while you are posting crap on my thread, you're busy in the background building my double-bridge filament circuit.

See there you go again with the attitude. I have absolutly no use for your double bridge filament circuit. I always check the voltage at a venue before I hook anything up and if it isn't right or could harm my equipment I don't plug it in until the venue fixes the problem. I don't use Trannys off the shelf in my amps that don't exactly come up to my specifications and then try and figure out some circuit to get around the trannys shortcomings. I have a tranny speced out and built to deliver the proper voltages for what I need. It's like you come up with these designs and then try and figure out some scenario that they would be usefull in. Do you have any real experience with playing as a muscian or working sound or having anything to do with the music business before you took your crash course on vacuum tubes and became gods gift to guitar players?

mooreamps wrote:IT's not a VJ. I only used the chassis for the first engineering prototype. The factory card was pulled, and then I installed my 4 gain stage pre-amp, twin PA, and power brake, thus proving you two clowns are not knowing what you are typeing.
That's funny. :lol: The GM5 and the GM20 both look like VJs to me. If you only used the VJ on one of your prototypes then why do ALL of your amps look like polished turds.
mooreamps wrote:But don't worry, I'll have my 36 watt done shortly, and I would be a fool to post it here....
-g
I'm not worried :lol: My brother has had his 36watt up and running for about 3-4 years now. I would say that there has probably been thousands of them built by DIYers around the world and it has been used on at least one recording at Jive records. You're already a fool so don't let that stop you. But could you try and come up with some nice cab or design that does'nt look like a VJ. It's kind of humiliating having pics on this site of some of the most expensive guitar amps in the world posted next to the cheapest amp on the planet.

Sorry Omar We must have posted at the same time. I'm all done here, Thanks!!
mooreamps

Post by mooreamps »

Yes you are worried... I just got a PM from one of your "friends" who tells me your not only working on the double-bridge circuit, and really getting your jollys off by dumping on the stupid fool who posted the circuit.

and yet, you dump on "my social skills" . YFJ.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

mooreamps wrote:Yes you are worried... I just got a PM from one of your "friends" who tells me your not only working on the double-bridge circuit, and really getting your jollys off by dumping on the stupid fool who posted the circuit.

and yet, you dump on "my social skills" . YFJ.

Hmmmmm now what could YFJ mean? Name calling and now you have to stoop to just plain making up lies in public. I really feel sorry for you. You really need to go find some help. Or is it you just want Omar to close this thread?
Voodoo_Man

Post by Voodoo_Man »

benoit wrote:I have discovered how to use a sausage as cathode follower.
Benoit,
I tried your new sausage circuit today and have a few questions.
1. How do you attach your leads?
2. Have you ever experienced strange oscillations when playing above the 5th fret?

I have attached an audio file of the oscillations I am experiencing. :shock:

Thank you,
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Voodoo_Man wrote:
benoit wrote:I have discovered how to use a sausage as cathode follower.
Benoit,
I tried your new sausage circuit today and have a few questions.
1. How do you attach your leads?
2. Have you ever experienced strange oscillations when playing above the 5th fret?

I have attached an audio file of the oscillations I am experiencing. :shock:

Thank you,
John
:lol: :lol: :lol:
benoit

Post by benoit »

Vaporized
Last edited by benoit on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moose

Post by Moose »

benoit wrote:
jurgen wrote: res ipsa loquitor
loquitur

I now picture Ben looking like John Cleese:

"People called Romani they go the house?"

[img:294:150]http://content.answers.com/main/content ... _domum.jpg[/img]
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

Moose wrote:
benoit wrote:
jurgen wrote: res ipsa loquitor
loquitur

I now picture Ben looking like John Cleese:

"People called Romani they go the house?"

[img:294:150]http://content.answers.com/main/content ... _domum.jpg[/img]
Oh You...
benoit

Post by benoit »

Vaporized
Last edited by benoit on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

benoit wrote:I've nearly ALWAYS pictured myself looking like John Cleese.
Can we please dispense with the off topic babble and get back to the point... BASHING GARY!!!! :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: