Blizzard

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeeMo

Re: Blizzard

Post by LeeMo »

Stay warm , my friends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

rp wrote:Got a sled and a big hill nearby?
ToneMerc wrote: Too much liability, sue the city or county because little Billy broke his neck riding a trash can lid down the hill. The city is partly to blame because there wasn't any no trespassing signs posted or they allowed an inherent dangerous situation to exist unimpeded.TM
As the owner of just that kind of slope, I used to worry about what damage the kids would do themselves. Adults too. Besides sleds, they would drag over anything including sheets of cardboard to slide down the hill. And leave me their garbage, including cardboard sheets. Bottom of my property, sledders go over neighboring retaining walls, and those properties let go to hell with busted metal & glass to land on, oh joy. All these years, no lawsuits. (Yay!) OTOH I take an extra million dollar liability insurance just in case, used to be under $100, now about $140 a year. Last 5 years or so, NOBODY slides down the slope, they're all staying comfy indoors pushing buttons on their computer games I guess.

Storm report, please don't hit me, as of last evening there was enough snow in the driveway to make about one snowball if I scraped it together. High winds overnight blew that away. This morning not a flake to be seen anywhere. It's nice for a change to get off easy when NYC gets walloped instead. :twisted: Usually reverse is the case. Don't worry, I'll get mine. Just not now. :razz:
down technical blind alleys . . .
sliberty

Post by sliberty »

I live in a townhouse community. Small attached town homes in courts. A total of 203 units. We are not a condo so we have no services per se. The city plows our court, but they always do an awful job of it and generally only remove the top layer of the snow, and then bury the cars that are parked in driveways or community parking spaces with the snow that they have removed.

My wife and daughter went out to shovel and clean the cars, and a little while later I joined them. It seems that a neighbor was very nice, and helped them clear the snow that was behind the cars in the community parking spots.

But as nice as this neighbor was to do that, he was also fucking stupid - he and put all of that snow that they cleared into the middle of the street. I tried to move one of the cars out of its spot and got stuck for 45 minutes until I finally got it freed up and back into the space. I then spent the next hour shoveling the snow from the middle of the street and putting it on the grass (like my asshole neighbor should have ij the first place). I would have been better off doing the whole job myself. it would have taken less time, and I wouldn't have gotten stuck.

I hate stupid people.
I hate snow.
I hate Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. Oh wait, I already said I hate stupid people.

Bah, humbug.

And now back to your regularly scheduled proam....
cbass

Post by cbass »

I like snow, l like my truck, I like driving my truck in the snow.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

ToneMerc wrote:
rp wrote:I saw a newspaper pict of emptied out MD supermarket. Every time it snows now it's the end of the world. I have no idea what's gotten into people, it's been snowing for millions of years, you'll and everyone else will be fine.
It's natural evolution; as the majority of folks in developing nations become less connected to the earth and more dependent on technology they also are less connected to the basic common sense instincts of preparation and survival and thus react to even the smallest of events in a state of panic.

rp wrote:Got a sled and a big hill nearby?
Too much liability, sue the city or county because little Billy broke his neck riding a trash can lid down the hill. The city is partly to blame because there wasn't any no trespassing signs posted or they allowed an inherent dangerous situation to exist unimpeded.

TM
Yep.
TM's hit it right on the nose.
It's not weather anymore, that's not entertaining, it's a "news event".
Sells more ads on TV.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

That's Darwinian law, and we shouldn't be trying to defeat it. People that are too stupid to live shouldn't live to reproduce. It weakens the whole species.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

I used to like snow, but the guy who built my house did something astonishingly stupid with the rooflines. If we get enough snow, I have to hire people to clear the affected portions, or when it melts, ice dams channel the water into the house. Down walls. Across ceilings. Under floors. Damn!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

TUBEDUDE wrote:That's Darwinian law, and we shouldn't be trying to defeat it. People that are too stupid to live shouldn't live to reproduce. It weakens the whole species.

I thought the guy that lit the mortar tube on the top of head last July 4th holiday and proceeded to lose his senses(literally)was stupid, but this takes the cake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rac ... _ref=crime

I wonder did they confuse 15 fuel with E85; 15 has 15% ethanol whereas, E85 has 85%. I see no reason to try and get an injested high from 98 octane unleaded gasoline mixed with Mountain Dew or even E85 for that reason.

TM
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

If you can find it, watch the movie The Darwin Awards with Joseph Fiennes and Winona Ryder. Not Citizen Kane, but based on actual cases of people who killed themselves in spectacularly stupid ways.
Structo

Post by Structo »

TM alluded to the recent case of teenagers drinking Mountain Dew mixed with methane racing fuel.

Apparently, they just thought of it as alcohol, but it's the wrong kind to drink.

One dead, a few others sick.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Structo wrote:TM alluded to the recent case of teenagers drinking Mountain Dew mixed with methane racing fuel.

Apparently, they just thought of it as alcohol, but it's the wrong kind to drink.

One dead, a few others sick.
No Tom, it wasn't nitromethane nor methanol racing fuel at all, but "15" unleaded gasoline, which contains only 15% ethanol and is used in NASCAR and short track racing. imagine your regular gasoline with only 5% additional ethanol.

TM
Last edited by ToneMerc on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Structo

Post by Structo »

The article I read only called it racing fuel.

Second kid has died.

Both teens said they had consumed a mixture of Mountain Dew and racing fuel, she said.

“They thought they knew what it was, that it was a substitute for alcohol,” Seger said. “They thought they would get the same effects as alcohol, but they weren’t aware of how toxic it was.”

Racing fuel, used in drag racing, is made up of almost 100% methanol, a non-drinkable form of alcohol used for industrial and automotive purposes, Seger said.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Structo wrote:The article I read only called it racing fuel.

Racing fuel, used in drag racing, is made up of almost 100% methanol, a non-drinkable form of alcohol used for industrial and automotive purposes, Seger said.[/i]
Ok,further details reveals it most likely was methanol that they drank after all.FWIW, the majority of drag racing fuel is leaded gasoline, not methanol. I normally would run VP C16 which is 117 octane gas but flirted with running methanol with the turbo motor. I don't how anyone could stand to drink that crap it as it burns my eyes just to smell it.

TM
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

This just makes me so sad. I spent a lot of time working with kids, to keep the "influences" at bay. Where were their mentors? Yeah, I did crazy shit when I was their age (some people thought I led a charmed life because of all the things I survived). But that's another story.

I live in Newtown, CT where we had a troubled young man take a rifle and a lot of ammo into an elementary school. A few months before, another kid decided to step into the road and let a truck hit him.

I don't know if this kind of stuff has been happening all along and we never heard about it. Or has something changed?
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Firestorm wrote:This just makes me so sad. I spent a lot of time working with kids, to keep the "influences" at bay. Where were their mentors? Yeah, I did crazy shit when I was their age (some people thought I led a charmed life because of all the things I survived). But that's another story.

I live in Newtown, CT where we had a troubled young man take a rifle and a lot of ammo into an elementary school. A few months before, another kid decided to step into the road and let a truck hit him.

I don't know if this kind of stuff has been happening all along and we never heard about it. Or has something changed?
One of my classmates in high school, a straight A honor student was tipsy drunk several times a week by the time 5th period rolled around. We could never figure it out, but one day I spied him slipping lemon and vanilla extract bottles out of his pocket, these things are like 15% or so alcohol. Here was a quiet, straight laced, very bright kid who was an undercover alky.

Kids have always done stupid stuff; but the instant Information Age has raised the awareness, incidents that would have been confined to one's local town or even neighborhood 30 years ago, today might be on Youtube or Twitter in 15 mins or less.

TM