Weather and Other Anomalies

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Structo

Weather and Other Anomalies

Post by Structo »

This is why you should never turn your back on the ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPypT9dOvSY
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
xtian

Re: Weather and Other Anomalies

Post by xtian »

"Hey, when's high tide?"

"Oh, about...NOW!!!!"
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Got snow in Georgia this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

There's places you can see 200 ton rocks pushed onto the beach by the ocean. Don't underestimate it.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

TUBEDUDE wrote:Got snow in Georgia this year.
Oh, oh. Global cooling.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

Firestorm wrote:
TUBEDUDE wrote:Got snow in Georgia this year.
Oh, oh. Global cooling.
Actually, the politically correct term is "global *difference*".

The ice caps and glaciers didn't melt fast enough. The temperature records were fudged and even blaming every hot spell didn't make the temperatures match "global warming". Al Gore had to quit appearing on TV with every warm spell.

So some wag figured out that global "warming" was actually causing more extreme weather. Bingo! ANY noticeably weather event was culpable.

So ... global DIFFERENCE!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

R.G. wrote:So some wag figured out that global "warming" was actually causing more extreme weather. Bingo! ANY noticeably weather event was culpable. So ... global DIFFERENCE!
Weather x-perts now blaming it on El Nino. So . . . . what next? El Pinto then the dreaded El Santa Maria?

Sent from my soon-to-be ocean front property, at 150 ft altitude. Not at all minding a winter with practically no snow in upstate NY. So far so good.
down technical blind alleys . . .
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Now the excuse is " the ocean ate my heat"!
The controllers explain the lack of a heat rise by saying the ocean took the heat 800 ft below the surface.
All the planets in our solar system have recently exhibited a rise in temperature due to cosmic radiation
At higher levels. OOPS.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

TUBEDUDE wrote:Now the excuse is " the ocean ate my heat"!
The controllers explain the lack of a heat rise by saying the ocean took the heat 800 ft below the surface.
All the planets in our solar system have recently exhibited a rise in temperature due to cosmic radiation
At higher levels. OOPS.
Not that I disagree with your intent, but you can't really measure climate change on remote planets because they are, well, remote. Best we can get is temperature readings. Having said that, what we do know, or should least admit if our phony jobs weren't on the line, is that CO2 cannot have any significant influence on a planet with a water cycle.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Firestorm

New postPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
TUBEDUDE wrote:
Now the excuse is " the ocean ate my heat"!
At higher levels. OOPS.

Not that I disagree with your intent, but you can't really measure climate change on remote planets because they are, well, remote. Best we can get is temperature readings. Having said that, what we do know, or should least admit if our phony jobs weren't on the line, is that CO2 cannot have any significant influence on a planet with a water cycle.

Greetings Firestorm,
I didn't mean to imply we can measure climate change on other planets. And frankly I am not sure if we can do so here on earth in the short time we have been monitoring temperatures. Climate change is a process occurring over thousands of years, and we have been monitoring the earths temperatures ( in some locations), for a few hundred years at best. In a process that has many perturbation over a long time scale, a short trend may be meaningless. Like predicting a flood by noting the rising tide over several hours. I just wanted to mention that recent temperatures across the solar system saw an increase, and therefore the small increase claimed on earth should not be tied directly, or soley to human activity. The skeptic in me does think the whole ^CO2= disaster theory may be used as a mechanism to control the activities of, and/or profit from, the populace through legislation or taxation. But, that's just a guess.
R.G.

Post by R.G. »

TUBEDUDE wrote:. The skeptic in me does think the whole ^CO2= disaster theory may be used as a mechanism to control the activities of, and/or profit from, the populace through legislation or taxation. But, that's just a guess.
It is NOT a guess that a politically inclined would-be ruler will sieze on ANYTHING to attain power and control. Any excuse whatsoever to get the populace to line up behind them will do.

Note that this is not a right-wing, left-wing, or any-wing observation. It's an observed fact about human psychology.

The current global warming frenzy ignores little issues that we do know about - like the "Little Ice Age", the Medieval Warm Period, and the fact that we're overdue for a planetary ice age. It's the same old thing - scare or infuriate the population, or make them greedy in order to get control over them.

Even if global warming - oops, sorry, global difference - is real, that does not mean that the political class is not going to use it as an excuse to attain control. Remember Rahm Emmanel's observation - never waste a good crisis.
NickC

Post by NickC »

R.G. wrote:
TUBEDUDE wrote:. The skeptic in me does think the whole ^CO2= disaster theory may be used as a mechanism to control the activities of, and/or profit from, the populace through legislation or taxation. But, that's just a guess.
It is NOT a guess that a politically inclined would-be ruler will sieze on ANYTHING to attain power and control. Any excuse whatsoever to get the populace to line up behind them will do.

Note that this is not a right-wing, left-wing, or any-wing observation. It's an observed fact about human psychology.

The current global warming frenzy ignores little issues that we do know about - like the "Little Ice Age", the Medieval Warm Period, and the fact that we're overdue for a planetary ice age. It's the same old thing - scare or infuriate the population, or make them greedy in order to get control over them.

Even if global warming - oops, sorry, global difference - is real, that does not mean that the political class is not going to use it as an excuse to attain control. Remember Rahm Emmanel's observation - never waste a good crisis.

Indeed, 100% right on!
Structo

Post by Structo »

I agree
Tom

Structo

Post by Structo »

I can remember distinctly a teacher telling us in grade school that we were
heading into another ice age.

What I believe is we should take care of our planet.

But, I think there are weather cycles within cycles that happen all the time.

Maybe it will get colder, maybe it will get hotter.

Weather is not climate change.

Regardless, unless every industrial nation is willing to change their fuels and pollution, there isn't much we can do about it without cooperation from other countries.

Look at China, they are in an a huge industrial revolution.
But sadly they are burning a lot of coal to achieve it.
Tom