High E string sounds like a sitar

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: High E string sounds like a sitar

Post by Reeltarded »

You laaaazy girl.

heh
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

And it'll stay that way until I have a proper shower, toilet, sink, and mirror.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Just buy a Choice Cut beef steak with the bone in.

Then once the bone is free from protein, let it dry for 30 days, then carve it into a nut.

Seriously, when I have helped friends with setups it's always the nut or bridge.
And occasionally the relief of the neck.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
donzoid

Post by donzoid »

I had a fret "pop" once and cause a similar effect, but that's pretty easy to see with a proper straight edge...at the time it 'twas maddening though as the thing had enough play once it popped to flex down into place when pressed (or straight edge placed) and just enough to deaden the string when I moved away from it and further down the neck. Finally I saw with mine own 2 beady eyes what was up...and down.
https://www.facebook.com/trialbyfirerocks

Be sure your tinfoil hat has a good low impedance ground.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The human eye can see smaller details than you think! I can't find my phone but I can see 3-5/1000ths variation by sighting from the tail block after experience taught me how to see it.

I love guitar setup. It's all the zen you'd ever need.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Reeltarded wrote:I can't find my phone but I can see 3-5/1000ths variation by sighting from the tail block after experience taught me how to see it.

I love guitar setup. It's all the zen you'd ever need.
Usul no longer needs the weirding module.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

rofl
angelodp

paper

Post by angelodp »

If a thin piece of paper does the trick, then you know exactly how little the fix is. A tiny amount of bone dust sprinkled into the slot, then with a narrow pipette type feeder on a cyan thin glue bottle will do the trick. A tiny drop of cyano will solidify the dust in the slot, now get out your .010 slot file, or something of the like and redo the slot to your liking. Pity you are not in LA I would happily do the fix for free.

Cheers Ange
Zippy

Re: paper

Post by Zippy »

angelodp wrote:If a thin piece of paper does the trick, then you know exactly how little the fix is...
+1

The problem with using paper is that you can easily either be too far back from the face of the nut (intonation issue) or hang over the edge (and buzz).

It's worth doing right.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I agree with all of you and I appreciate the input and the offers. The paper is allowing me to play it around the house without listening to the sitar effect. I will fix it, but now is not the time for it. I'm just goofing around the house with it. I would never play it in public that way. I have too much other stuff that is taking precedent over that for right now. If you knew the story you might understand, but I don't want to bore you.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

vibratoking wrote:I agree with all of you and I appreciate the input and the offers. The paper is allowing me to play it around the house without listening to the sitar effect. I will fix it, but now is not the time for it. I'm just goofing around the house with it. I would never play it in public that way. I have too much other stuff that is taking precedent over that for right now. If you knew the story you might understand, but I don't want to bore you.
Got it. Turn it up in the meantime.

I recall Hendrix at Woodstock mumbling something about playing very loud and out of tune. 8) :lol:
Structo

Post by Structo »

Reeltarded wrote:Jeees that took a minute.
Uh the number is 88! :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!