Roccaforte site locked

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampmike

Roccaforte site locked

Post by ampmike »

I guess you gotta be a rock star to browse his site now.He makes great amps.I have a 40 watt,Love it!What happened to his site,I guess you gotta know somebody to get in now,Mikey Maybe I should call the number and say Im Jon Bon Halen or something.
M Fowler

Re: Roccaforte site locked

Post by M Fowler »

Mikey,

I'm locking you out of my site too then! :lol:

Mark
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Cut it out, Mark. Ok, and please open my car. I'm 20 minutes late to an appointment... ok, please open my car? Pretty please?

Mike, it's not what you think. It's JUST you.

lol
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ampmike

Post by ampmike »

OH NO!!!!!!!! You guys got in,Damn!Oh Well the guy still makes great amps,I think it might have something to do with a war on Harmony Central.Or maybe he"s doing some site remodleing,Mikey :shock:
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I guess you gotta be a rock star to browse his site now
Mikey I was a rock star for one night in a small Minnesota bar, most of the women had teeth so I was doing well that night :lol:

Damn locked car request really bug me :!: :evil: :D
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Checked it out.
That is a little snotty isn't it?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Checked it out.
Huh :?:
What :?:

Did you mean Snooty?
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

The early Roccafortes were nothing more than 4 gain stages with a plate loaded tone stack. In fact, it was almost identical to the 4 gain stage Marshall scheme that KOC previously published in TUT. There, you don't need a password to know that.....

Personally, I think the Splawns have more balls using a similar "architecture".
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I like the Splawn Quickrod and Nitro.

The old Traynor TI-100 would be a good choice as well also shown in TUT book.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

M Fowler wrote:
Checked it out.
Huh :?:
What :?:

Did you mean Snooty?
How about snooty come-on, snotty attitude.
ampmike

Splawn

Post by ampmike »

Splawn site is cool,I dont think you can do high gain amps or really anything much better that.Big site,Good read for this morning!O Well,Time to make the oatmeal and get everybody up,another rainy day in PA,Thanks Guys,Mikey
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Splawn also sells empty Marshall head cabs/speaker cabs for good prices.
ampmike

Cool

Post by ampmike »

Cool Mark,They got some awesome badass clips,Super high gain.They seem like great amps,Cool site,Some of the cabs I saw were tolexed very uniquely.Have you seen the Fargen amps?Man there are a lot of hand wired amp companies around.All at different levels of operation.I would like to build a small light combo for playing at church,Something with reverb maybe 1x12.Im using one with a 1x10 inch.What would be a good small princeton style build?What the heck maybe a princeton with a 12 inch speaker.What would you suggest Mark,Im sure you got one in your amp builds,Thanx Bro,Mikey
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

Hey Mike, I'm not Mark but I think I would head down a similar path to this....

When I played worship services, the real problem was stage volume and the beamyness of the speaker (in fact I ultimately used an old Polytone SS amp with pedals to solve this).

I had an amp designed in my head something along the lines of parallel first stage, tweed tone controls, gain stage, buffered fx loop for external delay and verb, gain stage to concertina pi feeding cathode biased 6v6 or 6l6. The whole approach was to make a warm natural tubey sounding amp.... I chose an external loop as it always seemed that the dimmers they used for lights / fans etc made the reverb buzz too much.

The other problem that I had was switching between strats with single coils and humbuckers and volume jumps. A simple switch dumping some gain or boosting would help this. Just my thoughts...

As an afterthought, look over on the Dumble side, 10thtx posted a "Tweed ODS" which I bet feeding a concertina pi (as long as you don't overdrive the pi) would sound great for this purpose.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

John those Polytone amps are very good.

Mikey, I would build or use a combo with either two EL84s or two 6V6 which provide plenty of wattage. I would keep the amp simple and use pedal board to get the gain, distortion, reverb and other tones. A one amp does all is not practical nor proven by my experience.

Mark