Parts Connexion

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Jana

Parts Connexion

Post by Jana »

Anybody order from them? Experiences--good, bad?

I dreaming and planning the next build and they have just about all the pretty, shiny bits I need at what seems to be decent prices.
What?
Structo

Re: Parts Connexion

Post by Structo »

Yeah I bought some fancy resistors from them.

Seemed like they shipped them pretty quickly even though they are in Ontario.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Good experience. Catch them on one of their sales to do a little better on some things, but they do stock some cool stuff.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Colossal wrote:Good experience. Catch them on one of their sales to do a little better on some things, but they do stock some cool stuff.
Same here.

TM
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

I ordered oncet or twicet for some hi fi things way back when. Service was OK, even fast considering there's a border crossing. Seem packages make it this way easier than the other way. Therein is a caveat: make sure you don't have to send anything back, it will be a hassle with USPO & customs.
down technical blind alleys . . .
billyz

Post by billyz »

They have been very good to buy from for me. They have a great selection of high end parts. Been getting cardas solder from them for years. Just ordered some 1/4w Takman film resistors for a SS mic pre I'm building. They had the best prices on them.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I had a good experience. Low prices and fast shipping.
Jana

Post by Jana »

Thanks everyone. I just ordered some 1/2 and 1W Takman resistors. I've never used them before but thought I would try them on my next build.
What?
David Root

Post by David Root »

I think you'll like them. And Parts Connexion too, I've been buying from them for some time. They do have stuff not readily obtainable elsewhere. Service is prompt and competent.

Prices are OK except on Hammond iron, you can do better with a US source, even tho' Hammond is made in Canada, go figure that one!
rp

Post by rp »

Planning on building a JTM45 with $2000 worth of parts? :) They've been around a very long time I remember them from the mid '80s. I've always had a good experience, once they sent me something wrong and they let me keep the parts and sent the replacements. Last I ordered they only charge shipping after your card's been charged and you then get an email invoice, which I don't like but has never proved a problem or dishonest.

Register and wait for their sales. It's Canada though, mail can be a bit slower but not much, the small packet shipping was fast and not much more than intra-USA mail.

BTW I like the QQQ sockets.

There is an other premium parts place that's been around a long time called Welborne Labs. They've proved egregiously dishonest so avoid them.
Jana

Post by Jana »

Nope, not a JTM45. Building a 6G3 Thunderwatt.
What?
bilbo71070

Post by bilbo71070 »

I've ordered from them a few times. Great to deal with shipping was a lot quicker than I expected and the price was pretty good
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

+1, they have been great for me as well.
Ron
jelle

Post by jelle »

Great experience.
stretch2011

Post by stretch2011 »

I'm from Ohio, been there a few Times. They have good prices on just about everything and if it deals with speakers/cabs they have it cheaper than everyone else. For instance feet, t nuts, jacks, etc. Good people and they are willing to help. But you can find tubes and trannies cheaper else were.