Slipping farther away from the light...

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

xtian

Slipping farther away from the light...

Post by xtian »

I just ordered a Line 6 Variax Standard. Sweetwater has "scratch & dent" models for $550. I already have a Helix, so this will be a capable combo.

Not a tube in sight. Is one still considered "saved" if one has been once baptized in the warm glow of thermionic valves, or does one lapse?
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Reeltarded

Re: Slipping farther away from the light...

Post by Reeltarded »

I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

:/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Repent sinner! Do not soil yourself with the works of the devil.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

TUBEDUDE wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:30 am Repent sinner! Do not soil yourself with the works of the devil.
Don't you hope it's scratched AND dented?

I do. I hope so mostly for children, then for women, then for men, then the deaf, and finally for people on cruises who thought being trapped on a boat for a week looked like a good idea.

It's hardly any different than burning a Jimi Hendrix record.. or a hungry child. It's an on-sale hatecrime.

Terrorists win.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Ahem... However, I don't think we should be overly dogmatic... Solid-state rectifiers are ok. On-board FET boosters are grandfathered in, and there is a valid argument for at least tolerating hybrids like Musicman. They have tubes. And scary high voltages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xtian

Post by xtian »

There! See? Martin almost supports my choice!

Heartless bastards. Just wait until I'm playing my downtuned, balalaika rhythm, and then I switch to dombyra for the middle eight, and then to tenor saung for the haunting extro.

The (highly educated in global stringed instruments) chicks will swoon!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I too have fallen prey to the evils of the new world, I bought myself a kemper this last month, but have been keeping it a secret. I've been hearing about them for some time, seeing videos, etc. Really the straw I think was Marcus talking about his kemper profiles.

Silly brit corrupting yet another american :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

This reminds me of the All in the Family episode where Archie accidently visits a gay bar.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

martin manning wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:25 pm Ahem... However, I don't think we should be overly dogmatic... Solid-state rectifiers are ok. On-board FET boosters are grandfathered in, and there is a valid argument for at least tolerating hybrids like Musicman. They have tubes. And scary high voltages.
This strange call for peace reveals the truth; Martin has been drawing SS circuits all along.

#toolateforawall

#enemyinsidethegates

I have to say.. it's a lot of fun acting like it's offended us all. hehe
ER

Post by ER »

When I'm writing stuff and I don't want to set up mics, I often use the USB out on my Fender Mustang IV. I sold a couple pedals and bought the stereo head to mess around with a wet/dry/wet thing, that didn't work out but I found it so handy I turned it into a combo for a while. It was in a heavy particle board head case so I put it in a pine 4x12 with a variety of alnico speakers, basically an oversized bassman. The 4 speakers are all different and one of them has an aluminum dustup so if I do mic it I can get a variety sounds out of it. With the speakers and the cab, it weighs another 15 lbs or so than just the head. It's a studio workhorse and can dial in so many different sounds out of one box that are "good enough" for a lot of stuff. I recently put it back in the head and use it with 2 2x10 hard trucker type cabs with K110's for a mini Jerry set-up, and still use it to record now and then, maybe I'll make a plywood case for it to make it lighter and more portable since it doesn't need to look like a "real" amp.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 pm I too have fallen prey to the evils of the new world, I bought myself a kemper this last month, but have been keeping it a secret. I've been hearing about them for some time, seeing videos, etc. Really the straw I think was Marcus talking about his kemper profiles.

Silly brit corrupting yet another american :D

~Phil
Damn.. I wasn't expecting to be outed on this thread...……………………..Oh well...it's true...I am a kemper owner and user. Just done a recent tour using it with two acoustic guitars and my D'Angellico …..
monastary 1.jpeg

merry Christmas all my fellow brothers and sisters.

M xx
Winder

Post by Winder »

Coyotesgator

Post by Coyotesgator »

:lol:
What Happened?

Who let the magic smoke out?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Yeah, one thing I plan on doing eventually (I keep never having time because I can't stop playing the damn kemper) is to profile my Dumble, Tweedle Dee, Vox AC30/4, Gibson EH-185 and Liverpool before probably selling most of them. The thing sounds pretty damned amazing.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!