New Zealand

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Guy G

New Zealand

Post by Guy G »

I know there are a lot of new zealanders around here, so I'm asking in this forum..
I've been wanting to visit New Zealand for a while now, it looks like a gorgeous country.
While I'm there, I was thinking of working to fund my trip(maybe continue to the far east from there)... I'm a cook, but would love agriculture and such as well..
I was wondering if any of you guys know the laws and what really happens down there about working as a foreigner and such...

Thanks, Guy G.
Ears

Re: New Zealand

Post by Ears »

First off, I am unfamiliar with this area, but NZ has had reciprocal arrangements with some countries, especially the UK, that allows young people to work here for limited periods, you would need to check with our immigration service. The US allows similar privileges to young (ie under 27 or 30) NZers so I expect there is a reciprocal arrangement.
Cooking is a good profession for traveling and NZ has reasonably full employment at the moment so finding work once legally here with permit shouldn't be a problem. But our incomes slipped in the international tables a decade or two back and still haven't fully recovered so don't expect make a fortune.
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

I have never been to New-Zeland and don't know much about the country other that it is really nice, they have a bird called Tui, Neil Finn is a great songwriter and one New Zeland's filmaker stunned me once with a great senario and a beautiful movie...i can't remember the movie title just now but...Crowded House was playing "not the girl you think you are" in it...I just know that i will surf there one day...ho yeassss, i will!

My travelling experience with the East (India, Nepal 1973) (China 1995) would indicate below average employment in those countries...:oops:

But check with your Embassy first..."cu'z times...they are changin'" (Dylan)... :roll:
novosibir

Post by novosibir »

I only know, that when from here where I live I'd drill a hole in right angle in the floor - and drill and drill further - then anywhen I'd end up in NZ :)

Yes, I'm living in Germany :D

Larry
Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery
Ears

Post by Ears »

By the way, announced today that film director Peter Jackson has just signed a deal with Newline to make two more Hobbit movies here over the next two or three years. So if you are excessively hairy and/or look like an orc you might qualify for work as a film extra. lol
kec

Post by kec »

Tubetwang wrote:...and one New Zeland's filmaker stunned me once with a great senario and a beautiful movie...i can't remember the movie title just now but...
Was it Whale Rider? It was filmed there by New Zealander Niki Caro http://imdb.com/name/nm0138927/

Or, are you joking that it was LOTR?
Ken

Real guitars are for old people! - Cartman
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

kec wrote:
Tubetwang wrote:...and one New Zeland's filmaker stunned me once with a great senario and a beautiful movie...i can't remember the movie title just now but...
Was it Whale Rider? It was filmed there by New Zealander Niki Caro http://imdb.com/name/nm0138927/

Or, are you joking that it was LOTR?
Found it Ken!

"Perfect Strangers" 2003 New Zealand motion picture directed by Gaylene Preston and starring Sam Neil and Rachel Blake.