Time for nuclear war

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Time for nuclear war

Post by skyboltone »

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=487051

Ok enough kid gloves treatment. Nuke the bastards!! First time somebody asks me to mod one of these I'm shooting him.....
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
CaseyJones

Re: Time for nuclear war

Post by CaseyJones »

skyboltone wrote:http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=487051

Ok enough kid gloves treatment. Nuke the bastards!! First time somebody asks me to mod one of these I'm shooting him.....
O.k., that's appropriate. 'Cuz after a hurricane, a stock market crash and a "miraculous recovery" nuclear war totally fits the motif. :twisted:

Try these instead of kid gloves.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/icon/
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

skyboltone wrote:http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=487051

If you change a couple parts, could you get it to sound like a Trainwreck?
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

189?????

I'm gettin' one :roll:

Major Twang
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Be careful, it probably has melamine in it. :lol:
Great things happen in a vacuum
Stanz

Post by Stanz »

I did notice all the key buzz words in the marketing copy, Class A, "pump searing Mojo" :D , somehow Beavis and Butthead come to mind, "hee, hee, he said pump"

and the best line...
Tubes! Just the smell of those glass bottles blazing with fire gets amp aficionados to perk up and lose their cool.
I think the price says it all.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

gearhead wrote:If you change a couple parts, could you get it to sound like a Trainwreck?
Sure. All you need are bigger resistors and capacitors. :twisted:
Tubes! Just the smell of those glass bottles blazing with fire gets amp aficionados to perk up and lose their cool.
Yeah, right. Just like wine connaisseurs get all excited about Boone's Farm Plum Popskull.

A properly aged amp needs a flavor note of old beer and cigarette smoke, tough to get these days becuase everyone smokes a lot less. Just a tiny bit of mildew, that's what makes mixed drinks in a bar so much better than at home... it's the mildew in the soda nozzle. My Ampeg PortoFlex is a mason jar full o' that smell, open that sucker up and there it is.

Like anything else the imitation ain't as good as the real thing. Try imitation sex if you don't believe me! :lol:
Last edited by CaseyJones on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

plug that dude into a stack and you'll sound like ZZ...

Major Twang
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Tubetwang wrote:plug that dude into a stack and you'll sound like ZZ...

Major Twang
You mean "ignore that thing and plug into a stack and you'll sound like ZZ", don't you?

ZZ don't sound like ZZ anymore.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'll bet a good many of these will get "modded", though. My bass player does warranty work for the local music store here, and easily one half of the Crates the store buddy get in need "mods", i. e. repair, before they'll even make a sound.

And yes, ZZ doesn't sound like ZZ any more. They haven't since <fill in the date here depending on your age and other factors>.

For me, it's about 1984 or so, maybe even earlier.

W
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

What happened?

Major Twang
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Tubetwang wrote:What happened?

Major Twang
Fame. And the fortune that comes with it.

"Starving artists" sound better! :twisted:
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

I'd say everything after Tres Hombres was a slide into the shitter.... When the synths hit, I completely stopped consuming ZZ.....

They're fellow Texans, but somewhere they got lost in all the hotrods, bimbos and God knows what else... damn shame.

"Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" is just too hard to beat.

:wink:

Ron
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

...and they say it's all in the fingers...:roll:

Major Twang
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Ron Worley wrote:I'd say everything after Tres Hombres was a slide into the shitter.... When the synths hit, I completely stopped consuming ZZ.....

They're fellow Texans, but somewhere they got lost in all the hotrods, bimbos and God knows what else... damn shame.
"Eliminator" is damn near techno with those dumb-ass drum loops (probably real drums but dammit it sounds like a loop) and ultra processed guitars. The remastered version for CD is even worse. They should have teamed up with Madonna for that one, after all girls in underwear are a recurring theme for them. :lol:
Tubetwang wrote:...and they say it's all in the fingers...:roll:
Yeah, as long as the fingers are grippin' a peso and playin' a real Les Paul. Same fingers tryin' to play a reissue while grippin' a wad o' cash don't quite sound the same. :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't mind havin' a few of their amps, cars and bikes. It's tough to figure out who yer friends are when ya got dough, though.

They played a NASCAR pre-race shindig a while back, Texas Motor Speedway perhaps? They sucked. They're gonna get paid and they're gonna get paid well whether it's a lackluster performance or not. Sad to say it was a lackluster performance. No one seemed to notice, though.