Builds on hold

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gahult

Builds on hold

Post by gahult »

Check out the attached pictures.I was taking my son down to his girl friends house (yup he surprised us for Xmas) Saturday morning so they could fly back to Atlanta Sunday.
I stopped at a 4 way going south and let a truck from the west that was stopped go across in front of me, looked east and checked that the other three behind him were stopped. I started across the intersection and out of the fog from the east came a gal in a Kia Sorento at 50 mph. She t-boned me. Alan was able to get out of the passenger side but they broke their jaws of life trying to get me out, I was just able to get out by lifting my legs over the center counsel, they pulled me out the passenger.
They took me from the ER in Read City to the Trauma Center in Grand Rapids. I ended up with a broken collar bone, 8 broken ribs, 2 partially deflated lungs and a concussion. Alan got shook up good and overall soreness.

Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gahult on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird , and they take Prozac to make it normal.
gahult

Re: Builds on hold

Post by gahult »

more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird , and they take Prozac to make it normal.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Speedy recovery Gary too bad you and your son had to endure an accident like that. Take care of yourself.

Mark
Deric

Post by Deric »

Doh! :shock:

Best wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery!!!
Deric®
gahult

Post by gahult »

Thanks Mark.
They were thinking about taking out a couple of ribs lower left side but had second thoughts, so I didn't go under the knife. The said about 6/8 weeks before any normalcy can be expected. Tiss a *itch to cough, but I need to, to keep the fluids out of the lungs. pneumonia.

I'll be here, in and out.

Later
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Hey Gary. Bad stuff that. Was she drunk, or just stupid?
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope you get better soon buddy!
gahult

Post by gahult »

Thanks guys.
Just playing plain stupid in thick fog. There are flashing Stop Ahead signs both sides of the road 100-200 ft. before the intersection. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to matter how careful you are. Guess it wasn't my time yet.
Gary
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

I know about the "not my time yet" thing. I had a major heart attack in July '07 out of nowhere. While jogging!
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

That's what I call getting into YOUR space :shock:
I'm sure you're hurting in more places than just your chest and shoulder. I'm glad you came out as well as you did. I've sure seen it be much worse :(
VERY IMPORTANT :!: Don't forget to get up and walk every couple of hours to prevent getting blood clots in your legs. This can occur after major trauma just due to your being less active.
I wish I could share some of that pain for you :D

PS: Maybe that young lady was just dazzled by your good looks :D
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

By the look of the car the front suspension took about half of the hit. If you'd been three feet further through the intersection it would have been a direct hit to the door and we wouldn't be having this converstaion. :cry:

It drives me nuts... the dumb-asses who are out there. I used to see stuff on the Connecticut Turnpike every day. Back when they still had toll plazas, people would drive into the toll plaza and get all confused... "Gee... I drive through here every day. I've never seen a toll booth here before!"

Your SUV girl might be like that. "Gee, I drive through here every day. I've never seen a stop sign there before!" Or worse, maybe she drives through there every day and runs the stop sign every time.

I'm not a lawsuit kind of guy and it ain't gonna make yer ribs and yer collarbone feel any better... but a Rottweiler of a lawyer might be handy right about now. I've taken a few lumps and I figured I'd just heal when I was young and naive, now I wake up with headaches two or three days a week.

Feel better, bro! Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.
Structo

Post by Structo »

You were very lucky to survive that crash!

Like Casey said, a few inches to the rear and you wouldn't have survived most likely.

Side impacts are the worst!

Did they cite the girl who hit you ?

Hope they gave you some pain pills, ribs can be very painful.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Gary,

Glad you're OK! Can you solder with one arm? LOL! I hope you have a speedy and full recovery bro. Be carefull out there.

Greg
fishy

Post by fishy »

Gary,
I'm pleased you live to tell the tale and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hope the earlier part of you Chrimbo went well.
gahult

Post by gahult »

Hey,
yah, I could solder with one arm but, drilling chassis holes and mounting transformers is a problem for me with 2 hands. :)
I may be able to get some more done on the 2 watt sub miniature Express got the trannies today and jacks and some resistors. :D
They ticketed the gal from the other vehicle while she was on the stretcher at the scene. :twisted:
I hope my insurance company is quicker on this then when my daughter totaled out my Prism on 9/28/08, they have yet to make a payment.
Thanks for your thoughts for me and the boy.

Gary