Ideas on 2 Reverb Send Controls

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jkey04

Ideas on 2 Reverb Send Controls

Post by jkey04 »

I'm working through a 2-channel design where I'm implementing a tweed preamp and a BF style preamp within the same amp. I want both channels routed to the spring reverb but each with its own send control so the amount of 'verb can be set per channel. Would two 500k pots (one from each channel) to ground summing the wipers to the grid of the reverb driver tube work? I'm unaware of a design that already does something like this. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be great!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
jjman

Re: Ideas on 2 Reverb Send Controls

Post by jjman »

Sounds good to me. Or use a mixer and a normal post-return overall control. With no overall control, their could be more noise from the send and return stages since there would be no attenuation option after those. The mixer may allow for more send signal strength from less load on it given no grounded pot and no ever-present mixing resistors. You may want to add a resistor to one end of a mixer pot if that side is much stronger than the other.

The mixer approach would not allow for zero reverb on one side and reverb on the other. A 1meg (linear) would get closer to that than 500k but would reduce the pot's send strength overall. Mixing means compromises or adjustments are needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it says "Vintage" on it, -it isn't.
jkey04

Post by jkey04 »

This is great info! Thanks for sharing.

I like the idea of the mixer but I’d like to be able to have the option to have zero reverb on one channel.
jjman

Post by jjman »

You could have both via a kill but it's an added switch and some additional loading on the live side when engaged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it says "Vintage" on it, -it isn't.
mojotom

Post by mojotom »

jkey04 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 pm I'm working through a 2-channel design where I'm implementing a tweed preamp and a BF style preamp within the same amp. I want both channels routed to the spring reverb but each with its own send control so the amount of 'verb can be set per channel. Would two 500k pots (one from each channel) to ground summing the wipers to the grid of the reverb driver tube work? I'm unaware of a design that already does something like this. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be great!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

I would use the same entrance (send), eventually tweaked to suit each channel level but I would use two reverb volume (return) at the end of the reverb.
Take a look at Kelley FACS.